It is currently 26 ndUTCp 2008

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 United have £80 million to spend but nobody to buy 
Site Admin

Post Re: United have £80 million to spend but nobody to buy
Wan wrote:
It's won't really be a rebuilding period though. We still have a fantastic squad, who just lose one starting member(who was the best player in the world to be fair), and another very good squad player. We've replaced Ronaldo, and now only need to search for another striker as squad/backup for the other two(cost 30m for both, they must have some ability). Whether that Ronaldo replacement is good enough for the team is still unknown, but the other 10 players and many more waiting for their chances are still good enough to challenge on a consistent basis and end up winning whatever competition we're in.

There's no harm of course in strengthening, but when you see the numbers we have in midfield, and Ando still developing there, adding another establish midfielder could probably hinder his progress. Fletcher-Carrick are good enough against most sides, with Ando getting games now and then. His late season form really give me confidence he can step up it up. And as for Ronaldo, apart from his goals last season, didn't really contribute that much IMO, certainly his worst season in years. The only way I feel we should strengthen is if Hargo can't make it.

We have a very good midfield set without Ronaldo. Probably just waiting for Nani and Ando to grow to take it up a level or two.

I do think it's a re-building period but not in a massive scale.. if u think otherwise, go ahead. Ronaldo may left alone, but he left behind 2 vacancies. A goalscorer & a winger. YES, we got Valencia as his replacement.. but he's not exactly Ronaldo's standard just yet & it's unfair to compare them due to big difference in quality.. there's no need to assess Ron's performance LAST SEASON..

As for Tevez, i feel that it's not such a massive lost.. i would miss all that tireless attitude, but SAF no longer need him i think.. hence, letting him go is the best choice.. for me with him around we have something extra, and without him it's nothing lesser..

You might be right, there could be 10 players who ready to step up.. but maybe only one or two or whutever number it is will eventually step up.. When ppl are making so much fuss about the midfield, it's not because they're weak but because they're just GOOD ENOUGH. It's not some extravagant mystery that Carrick & Fletcher are doing great alongside each other.. but relying solely on them won't be sufficient as i mentioned earlier.. that is just why most people including professional football observer thinks we need some strengthening in midfield..

Plus, we can't ignore factors like injuries, suspensions, tiredness & of course off-form situation.. these will have its effects on the team..

Yea, we do have a very good midfield set WITHOUT RONALDO.. but that doesn't really mean it is the best in the ever so challenging club footy scenario.

Probably
we are still waiting for Nani or Ando to grow up or raised their game or whutever.. but while waiting for that to happen.. or to wait for them to give A class performance week in, week out.. we merely have a good enough midfield..

As i said so many times earlier, i have faith in that midfield.. but if they're stronger than they're already are, i would be happier.. there should be at least one addition which is DM.. somebody who can provide extra-security if Fletcher is not around..

Ando & Nani both have patchy performance for the last 2 seasons.. but i know they will somehow repay my faith in them next season..

Wan wrote:
Who would you bring in that would strengthen the 1st team in that department that is available?

If i'm very good in eyeing a good player, i would do an awesome job as a talent scout.. but guess what i'm not.. i won't try to act like i know everything.. but i would love to have another DM.. due to the constant uncertainties of Hargo availability.. And my honest opinion is that, we shouldn't put too much burden on Carrick & Fletcher..

Maybe you don't know me very well, cuz if u do.. u will know.. my opinion all this while is to have one classy DM or at least a quality DM and a back-up striker as i don't think there's a need for another superstar striker like everyone dream of.. as i think Berba is yet to prove himself and next season would be appropriate for him to show his worth.. but then again, everyone entitled to different opinion..

26 rdUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin

Wan wrote:
Who would you bring in that would strengthen the 1st team in that department that is available?

What about Jeremy Toulalan? i have no idea if he's available.. his name just cross my mind.. or Miguel Veloso?

I've always watched Marcos Senna played.. he's very damn good.. due to age factor & maybe regular games.. he's not an option..

Gago should be a wise choice too but then again, not sure if Madrid is letting him go..

Felipe Melo caught my eyes during the Confederations Cup.. but it seems that he's staying with Fiorentina..

Oopss.. guess i've came up with few names afterall..

26 rdUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin

Fasha wrote:
Wan wrote:

What about Jeremy Toulalan? i have no idea if he's available.. his name just cross my mind.. or Miguel Veloso?

I've always watched Marcos Senna played.. he's very damn good.. due to age factor & maybe regular games.. he's not an option..

Gago should be a wise choice too but then again, not sure if Madrid is letting him go..

Felipe Melo caught my eyes during the Confederations Cup.. but it seems that he's staying with Fiorentina..

toulalan and veloso could be a good option. i still think we should put in a cheeky bid for lass diarra. i really like the looks of him.

* or wilson palacios. spurs are our feeder club after all...

26 rdUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin

Loque wrote:
Fasha wrote:
Wan wrote:

toulalan and veloso could be a good option. i still think we should put in a cheeky bid for lass diarra. i really like the looks of him.

yea.. i think so. Toulalan & Veloso are good options.. just a matter of whether SAF is thinking the same.. hahaha..

26 rdUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin

Fasha wrote:
Loque wrote:
Fasha wrote:
Wan wrote:

yea.. i think so. Toulalan & Veloso are good options.. just a matter of whether SAF is thinking the same.. hahaha..

predicting what SAF is thinking is like predicting when msia will qualify for the WC...

26 rdUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin

Loque wrote:
Wan wrote:
Loque wrote:
i'll say, strengthen the midfield, try to get a fairly good striker and maybe an attacking mid. that'll do
Who would that attacking midfielder be?

cahill/costa. other than that, i have no fcuking idea

on this particular matter.. i think, the midfield good enough condition has become apparent with Ron leaving.. even when he's here.. this issue has been raised due to the uncertainties of Hargo's participation in the squad..

as i've discussed with Loque earlier, ppl think it's because of Ron that we need to re-inforcement.. but it's not entirely because he left but it's also because Hargo can't be fit at all time..

and yes Luqman.. people are building their opinion possibilities.. but they always forget, there's always 2 sides of possibilities.. the positive & the negative..if those possibilities turns out to be positive.. everyone would be thrilled.. but if it's the other way round.. will they still be positive? there's no harm of being positive but wouldn't it be better if we tried to view things from two perspectives?

26 rdUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin

Fasha wrote:
Loque wrote:
Wan wrote:
Loque wrote:
i'll say, strengthen the midfield, try to get a fairly good striker and maybe an attacking mid. that'll do

on this particular matter.. i think, the midfield good enough condition has become apparent with Ron leaving.. even when he's here.. this issue has been raised due to the uncertainties of Hargo's participation in the squad..

as i've discussed with Loque earlier, ppl think it's because of Ron that we need to re-inforcement.. but it's not entirely because he left but it's also because Hargo can't be fit at all time..

and yes Luqman.. people are building their opinion possibilities.. but they always forget, there's always 2 sides of possibilities.. the positive & the negative..if those possibilities turns out to be positive.. everyone would be thrilled.. but if it's the other way round.. will they still be positive? there's no harm of being positive but wouldn't it be better if we tried to view things from two perspectives?

very true. i know a lot of the people on here is being optimistic, and hope that berba will start scoring, nani and anderson will start to perform, hargo will keep fit etc etc. but we all have to realize, it can go both ways. if it goes in the way that we wanted, then great. but what if they dont fulfill their potentials? what if it all goes tits up? can anybody here guarantee that all of the above (berba will start scoring, nani and anderson will start to perform, hargo will keep fit etc etc.) will happen? its a mighty mighty risk...

26 rdUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin

Loque wrote:
Fasha wrote:
Loque wrote:
Wan wrote:
Loque wrote:

very true. i know a lot of the people on here is being optimistic, and hope that berba will start scoring, nani and anderson will start to perform, hargo will keep fit etc etc. but we all have to realize, it can go both ways. if it goes in the way that we wanted, then great. but what if they dont fulfill their potentials? what if it all goes tits up? can anybody here guarantee that all of the above (berba will start scoring, nani and anderson will start to perform, hargo will keep fit etc etc.) will happen? its a mighty mighty risk...

and we will start hearing stuff like "we should keep faith with the squad, we should trust SAF.." that matter is out of question and i don't think it's worth mentioning at all because, we're afterall UNITED fans.. of course we have such faith.. but as fans, they sometimes need security.. specially at a big club like UNITED..

26 rdUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin

Fasha wrote:
and we will start hearing stuff like "we should keep faith with the squad, we should trust SAF.." that matter is out of question and i don't think it's worth mentioning at all because, we're afterall UNITED fans.. of course we have such faith.. but as fans, they sometimes need security.. specially at a big club like UNITED..

mmg, coz ble dh jd fan utd, mst la secr automatik kene ade faith sume tu. tp kte kene gk pkr psl risiko yg ade, xleh nk biarkn cm2 je...

26 rdUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin

Loque wrote:
Fasha wrote:

mmg, coz ble dh jd fan utd, mst la secr automatik kene ade faith sume tu. tp kte kene gk pkr psl risiko yg ade, xleh nk biarkn cm2 je...

well, i think it's the same in life.. we need to have faith in ourselves or things we believed in.. but can't afford to ignore any sort of risks.. rite?

26 rdUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM

previously it used 2 b lots of possible targets but short on cash....funny hw things hv turned around....

26 rdUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

king wrote:
previously it used 2 b lots of possible targets but short on cash....funny hw things hv turned around....

it's funny that SAF choose to do nothing with that sort of money..

26 rdUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM

Fasha wrote:
king wrote:

it's funny that SAF choose to do nothing with that sort of money..

surely d glaziers hv placed a cap on that amount...v were nver gonna spend it....valencia...n nw owen 4 free....so much 4 having 80mil....in d end of d day bloody american owners r d real winners...if v any hw fail 2 live up 2 our own high standards by d end of d season, d club shud look back at this stage n figure out hw it cud hv been prevented....im not hoping but fingers crossed

26 rdUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail

Fasha wrote:
I do think it's a re-building period but not in a massive scale.. if u think otherwise, go ahead. Ronaldo may left alone, but he left behind 2 vacancies. A goalscorer & a winger. YES, we got Valencia as his replacement.. but he's not exactly Ronaldo's standard just yet & it's unfair to compare them due to big difference in quality.. there's no need to assess Ron's performance LAST SEASON..

As for Tevez, i feel that it's not such a massive lost.. i would miss all that tireless attitude, but SAF no longer need him i think.. hence, letting him go is the best choice.. for me with him around we have something extra, and without him it's nothing lesser..

You might be right, there could be 10 players who ready to step up.. but maybe only one or two or whutever number it is will eventually step up.. When ppl are making so much fuss about the midfield, it's not because they're weak but because they're just GOOD ENOUGH. It's not some extravagant mystery that Carrick & Fletcher are doing great alongside each other.. but relying solely on them won't be sufficient as i mentioned earlier.. that is just why most people including professional football observer thinks we need some strengthening in midfield..

Plus, we can't ignore factors like injuries, suspensions, tiredness & of course off-form situation.. these will have its effects on the team..

Yea, we do have a very good midfield set WITHOUT RONALDO.. but that doesn't really mean it is the best in the ever so challenging club footy scenario.

Probably
we are still waiting for Nani or Ando to grow up or raised their game or whutever.. but while waiting for that to happen.. or to wait for them to give A class performance week in, week out.. we merely have a good enough midfield..

As i said so many times earlier, i have faith in that midfield.. but if they're stronger than they're already are, i would be happier.. there should be at least one addition which is DM.. somebody who can provide extra-security if Fletcher is not around..

Ando & Nani both have patchy performance for the last 2 seasons.. but i know they will somehow repay my faith in them next season..
I understand that.. small scale, but I wouldn't really call it rebuilding as such. We still have the core that made us champions last 3 seasons. As for Ronaldo's form last season it's perfectly fine to mention that, since we did so well, winning the league, getting to the CL final without him really turn it on all the time.

When I said 10 players on the pitch, and many more as squad players, I meant that they are part of the team(squad) that won the league and get to the final of the CL. They played their part too in us winning games. It's not only Ronaldo, although his goals really help us massively.

Carrick-Fletcher 1st choice, Ando-Hargreaves 2nd choice, Giggsy, Scholes and some other youth/reserve players as backups.. how many more do we need? If we buy, we need to sell, unless Giggsy & Scholes really turn bad overnight.

Ando and Nani need games. If we just buy players who are better than them, while keeping the players already in our squad, how would they get games and improve to the level we want them to be?

Was the strikers we had in 99 regarded as the best in their position? Cole wasn't even the best in England, Yorkie was at Villa previously, Teddy wasn't really a Cantona and Ole was almost sold to Spurs. Yet they did really well for us.

The same is true for our midfield. We may not have the best around, but they are more than good enough to go toe to toe with the best, if the tactic is right.
Fasha wrote:
If i'm very good in eyeing a good player, i would do an awesome job as a talent scout.. but guess what i'm not.. i won't try to act like i know everything.. but i would love to have another DM.. due to the constant uncertainties of Hargo availability.. And my honest opinion is that, we shouldn't put too much burden on Carrick & Fletcher..

Maybe you don't know me very well, cuz if u do.. u will know.. my opinion all this while is to have one classy DM or at least a quality DM and a back-up striker as i don't think there's a need for another superstar striker like everyone dream of.. as i think Berba is yet to prove himself and next season would be appropriate for him to show his worth.. but then again, everyone entitled to different opinion..
If Fletcher isn't there, Carrick can cover, and vice versa, and also Hargreaves. If we think he really can't make it, then we should get another one, but until then I feel we have more than enough.

Fasha wrote:

Last I heard that Veloso was being chased by the mighty Bolton. Isn't he similar a bit to Carrick? Play deep, spraying passes. Same with Gago.. not really DM as such if we don't view Carrick as one. Senna probably would have been better for us back then rather than Hargreaves.. he can pass and run about as well, unlike Hargreaves who can't pass at all and most important bit is he's not injury prone.

----------------

Sure things can go both ways, but in the case of Ando and Nani, they're not first choice as such. Fletcher and Carrick is ahead of Ando, and going by last season, Park is ahead of Nani. And Berba scored lots of goals for Leverkusen and Spurs previously. 25 goals average. No reason to think that he's not capable of getting that much. As for Hargo, that's open to debate.. like I said, if we really think he's another Saha, we should cut our losses and get another midfielder in to replace him, until then we just have to hope he recovers properly.

Of course we as fans don't always have to agree with what the club does, and need a bit of security, but as for the squad, we can't really cover all posibilities.. what if x, and x's backup y get injured/lost form at the same time, we need a z.. but what if z gets injured/lose his form at the same time too.. buy another option just because we feel 2-3 players would lose form/get injured at the same time in the same position?

Our midfield area have Fletcher, Carrick, Ando, Hargreaves, Scholes, Giggsy, Gibson(still there?).. that's 7 midfielders fighting for 2(3) positions. Scholes and Giggsy have experience and are still good options there although they can't play all the time, but we have Carrick and Fletcher for that, along with Hargo who we know would perform when played. Ando is a good midfielder already, and is fairly consistent. Potentially a great, who need games if he ever wants to fulfill that promise.

26 rdUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail

---------
king wrote:
surely d glaziers hv placed a cap on that amount...v were nver gonna spend it....valencia...n nw owen 4 free....so much 4 having 80mil....in d end of d day bloody american owners r d real winners...if v any hw fail 2 live up 2 our own high standards by d end of d season, d club shud look back at this stage n figure out hw it cud hv been prevented....im not hoping but fingers crossed
Wonder who gave permission to SAF/Gill to agree that fee with Tevez for 25m, but fortunately Tevez turn it down. SAF/Gill must have been using their pocket money eh?

We lost Ronaldo, we replaced him with Valencia. We should have got someone better, but what would you do if our number one target(Ribery) have his heart set elsewhere and the other wingers who are around the same level as Ronaldo is not transferable(Messi)? Who else is out there that fit the bill as Ronaldo true replacement. Nobody. We look at the next best.. and we identified that as Valencia. As for the striker position, we don't really need a star there.. and you have to say getting Owen for free is really good business. 21 games, 9 goals. Tevez started 18 games, scoring 5 times(league).

26 rdUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next