It is currently 26 thUTCp 2008

Top 10 Ferguson's Gambles 

Post Re: Top 10 Ferguson's Gambles
How many assists Yorke had in that treble season? Something in the 20's? 29 goals, and 20+ assists is great whichever way you look at it.

Carrick too seemed like a bit of gamble in the season in which we really need to replace Keano. Gattuso, Zokora, Diarra(former Lyon) we thrown out in the papers.. but we went with Carrick(also Hargreaves, albeit got him a year later and Senna). We need a hardman they said, along with me I bet. And after getting him and seen him play in the side, people still talk about needing a hardman to allow Scholes to get forward blahblahblah. I guess the image of Keano being a hardman clouds our judgement. Keano wasn't just a hardman, he was a fantastic midfielder, not as classy in his passing as the likes of Scholes/Xavi, but he was always the one starting moves, getting the ball back, and passing it to the others to do damage.. Carrick is exactly like that IMO, without the mobility, run all over the place type of game, leader and hardman part. We needed another player for that, which we went for Hargreaves, and lately Fletcher.

Speaking of gambles and GKs.. VDS must be some sort of a gamble too. Failed in his time at Juventus where he was making mistakes, and then transfered to Fulham where he remained for a four seasons!. He was old, and in his time at Fulham almost seemed forgotted. We were in need of a new GK after Howard and Carroll failed to make their mark, and everyone seem to talk of the elite GKs.. spending over 20m for them. How I wish for Cassilas that time. But then we bought VDS for really cheap. Considering his age, tarnished reputation, almost everyone have a moan about it. Since then he's been probably our 2nd best behind Peter. We wouldn't have gone through so many if VDS haven't decided to go to Juve that time.. he could've been with us for 10 years! As for GK, Carroll, Goram and that Ricardo the great penalty saver was bought as backups.

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail

since obertan fee was somewhere btwen eric's n teddy's, so im hoping he's impact wud b as gd

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail

king wrote:
since obertan fee was somewhere btwen eric's n teddy's, so im hoping he's impact wud b as gd

make ur wish list bro :I

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

king wrote:

if only he was a bit handsome... :I

* he already has 50+ 1st team game experience at bordeaux, which is a very good thing

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin

Kleberson Rues Bad Fortune At Manchester United

The Brazil international thinks he could have been a hit if he had been afforded more time in the Premier League...

Flamengo midfielder Kleberson feels that his time in the Premier League should not be looked upon as a failure, and, that with a bit more luck, he could have been a big hit at Manchester United.

The Brazil international went to Old Trafford at the same time Cristiano Ronaldo, but the pair would enjoy success at very different levels.

Unfortunately, Kleberson dislocated his shoulder during his time with the Red Devils which led to him falling out of favour while Cristiano Ronaldo quickly blossomed into a crowd favourite.

The 30-year-old feels that he was hard done by during his time in Manchester, and insisted that not everyone is guaranteed success under Sir Alex Ferguson.

"I arrived in Manchester, along with Ronaldo, with a lot of hope but left with huge sadness," he explained, quoted by Sky Sports.

"An injury in only my second league match proved to be a very negative factor and in my second season I wasn't given many chances.

"I believe I could have been a bigger success in English football. But not everyone is guaranteed success at United."

:8

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM

fzrn wrote:
king wrote:

my wish list?..bring back george best back from d death...haha

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

---------
king wrote:
fzrn wrote:
king wrote:

my wish list?..bring back george best back from d death...haha

:facepalm:

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM