It is currently 26 thUTCp 2008

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 466 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 32  Next
 Super John O'Shea - Wanted by Barcelona? 
Site Admin

Post Super John O'Shea - Wanted by Barcelona?
back by popular demand (king), every news, info, stats, pictures etc regarding sheasy in here.

Birthdate: 30 Apr 1981
Birthplace: Waterford, Ireland
Position: Defender/Midfielder
Appearances: 311
Goals: 12
Joined United: 03 Aug 1998
United Debut: 13 Oct 1999 v Aston Villa (A)
International: Rep of Ireland

Arguably United’s most versatile player, John O'Shea, who has made 300 appearances for the Reds, has played everywhere during his time at Old Trafford. And the triumphant 2007/08 season proved no different.

During the campaign, O'Shea played at right-back, left-back, centre-half, central midfield and as a makeshift striker (against Reading on the opening day of the seaston). But wherever he plays, United’s no.22 is happy to contribute to the team.

What’s more, the Irishman signed a contract in November 2007 that will keep him at the club until 2012. He said of his new deal: “It has never crossed my mind to leave. Luckily the club wanted me to stay and the contract was sorted out quickly.”

O'Shea was outstanding in the 4-0 drubbing of Wigan and kept Francesco Totti in check in the 1-0 group stage victory over AS Roma at Old Trafford in the Champions League.

A shining example of selflessness and professionalism, John O’Shea has been ever-willing in his service for United, ever since his first full season in 2002/03 when he was was a revelation at left-back. He raced up and down the wing, effortlessly picking the pockets of opponents who ran at him and cheekily nutmegging those who tried to stop him (remember Luis Figo?).

When United bought Gaby Heinze in the summer of 2004, O'Shea had to look to other positions for regular action. He was always a footballing defender, blessed with beautiful balance, crisp passing and formidable upper-body strength, which enabled him to slip effortlessly into midfield and anywhere across the back four.

In 2004/05 he played in all those positions, and in the following season he began to establish himself in the holding role in midfield – forming an unlikely but extremely effective partnership with Ryan Giggs that was the basis of United’s late-season surge. The Irish international continued where he'd left off at the start of the 2006/07 campaign, but soon had his chances limited by the burgeoning midfield partnership between Paul Scholes and Michael Carrick.

He still went on to make 49 appearances (including a cameo between the posts at White Hart Lane) and chipped in with five goals, the most memorable of which came at Anfield in March 2007. Pepe Reina could only parry Cristiano Ronaldo's injury-time free kick and the ball fell to substitute O'Shea, who coolly swept it home in front of the Kop to the delight of Reds everywhere.

KING, YOU BETTER POST IN HERE, OR ELSE.. Image

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin

Post Re: The Official John O'Shea Thread
yea King.. u better post something here.. OR ELSE, i'll...

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM

did fash pay u 2 make this...u better demand u payment in hard cash...back 2 d topic...john is a superb player...so versatile it seems...since our goals hv dried up, why not chuck him in 2 our striking dept

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

king wrote:
did fash pay u 2 make this...u better demand u payment in hard cash...back 2 d topic...john is a superb player...so versatile it seems...since our goals hv dried up, why not chuck him in 2 our striking dept

i didn't pay him up, i asked him to do it.. hahaha...

now that u've mentioned it, Sheasy was once forced to play as a striker rite? i can't remember which game..

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM

Fasha wrote:
king wrote:

now that u've mentioned it, Sheasy was once forced to play as a striker rite? i can't remember which game..

yeah...im glad that nitemare ended well 4 us...i think he's played across d def & mid..d only role he hs'nt 'mastered' yet is in d 'hole' behind a target man

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

king wrote:
Fasha wrote:
king wrote:

yeah...im glad that nitemare ended well 4 us...i think he's played across d def & mid..d only role he hs'nt 'mastered' yet is in d 'hole' behind a target man

huhu..

on a more serious note, do u think Sheasy will stay with us forever?

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM

Fasha wrote:
king wrote:
Fasha wrote:
king wrote:

huhu..

nope...i believe he'll b offloaded at some stage 2 accomodate d youngsters coming in...same as phil nev...he was our mr versatile back then...nw he's mr goodison park

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

but not soon i guess.. cuz SAF loves SHeasy..

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM

hoho.. 2 ari tak jenguk forum trus ade thread O'Shea?? mmg gile curious sbb aku igt thread ni dibuat khas utk Sheasy Bashers club! hahaha.. nasib baik tak! hehehe..

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM

the man who scored crucial winning goal against liver-fool at anfield...season 06/07

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM

our very own Mr Reliable!!

mane suruh, kat situ dia main ;)

the current great professional after owen hargo in a united shirt.

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin

king wrote:

wow, 4 a second there i thought u really mean wut u said...did u?

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM

shafinabazilah wrote:
hoho.. 2 ari tak jenguk forum trus ade thread O'Shea?? mmg gile curious sbb aku igt thread ni dibuat khas utk Sheasy Bashers club! hahaha.. nasib baik tak! hehehe..

actually its meant 2 b d bashers club (back me up loque)...but looks like its heading 2 a weird direction

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

Fasha wrote:
king wrote:
Fasha wrote:
king wrote:

huhu..

like i said last nite, yes he'll stay 4ever wit us, he'll nvr leave

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM

---------
Loque wrote:
king wrote:

wow, 4 a second there i thought u really mean wut u said...did u?

of coz im serious...now go get ur payment :mrgreen:

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 466 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 32  Next