It is currently 26 thUTCp 2008

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 695 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47  Next
 Second gong for Rooney 

Post Re: Fans owe a massive debt to Wayne Rooney
Roo = The White Pele :up:

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail

Loque wrote:
aku rs kn, ape kata eng maen cmni:

james (aku prefer hart, tp die cm x ckp exp je..)
johnson rio terry cole
j.cole barry lampard gerrard
heskey rooney

or klu kte nk pack mid...

james
johnson rio terry cole
barry lampard carrick
j.cole rooney gerrard

memandangkn form lennon dh drop, walcott lak cm hampeh je, maybe ok gk letak cole belah kanan...

1st option does look gd....if joe cole can get back 2 his best then that shud b fine
2nd option wud b fine if d english hv some brazillian dna or somtin...they need some kinda physical presence especially upfront...that's why eng still need 2 stick wif d human battering shield - heskey...can they get drog play 4 em? :P

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail

Fasha wrote:
king wrote:
Fasha wrote:

somehow i like to see Gerrard on the left.. he works really well with Roo while playing on that flank.. but then again.. I want J.Cole to be in the squad as well..

erm.. Agbonlahor somehow is not up to expectation while he is playing for England.. and this may be odd, Heskey is somewhat a good partner to Roo if they're playing the 4-4-2 formation..

lagi satu.. Lennon ni.. dh injury free ke?

joe cole was d best option on d left b4 he fell prey 2 watever injuries he's got....if he can really prove his fitness lvel he mite stand a chance....but eng need d old joe cole not an unfit 1 4 d wc...as 4 d agbonlahor's case its still a mystery 2 me coz d way i c he's doin fine at villa....my b d experiance factor swayed d vote in heskey's favour

as 4 lennon he's biggest issue i think is him staying injury free n performing consistently well....but still vry much a gd impact player

as i said earlier.. i somehow like to see Gerrard on the left .. and by doing so.. both Lampard & Gerrard can play together.. Joe Cole always provides winner when England are in need of it.. however, will he be the same after his return from injury?

Lennon when fit.. is undoubtedly the best choice England had on the right flank.. unfortunately that is not the case.. so who will play on that flank? i don't think J.Cole would do as great as he is on the left wing.. so that leaves us to Walcott.. he is i think a potential good player however he always fails to deliver when it matters.. SWP, i'm not a fan and i don't think he pose too much threat either..

its safe 2 say d only 2 spot up 4 grabs is - a striker n another wide man...if any of d remaining english men can prove em selves better than heskey n joe cole, they r in....if not d starting 11 stays

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

king wrote:

its safe 2 say d only 2 spot up 4 grabs is - a striker n another wide man...if any of d remaining english men can prove em selves better than heskey n joe cole, they r in....if not d starting 11 stays

why is it.. it's always problematic for England when it comes to striker? Has English striker extinct? but then again.. i can't really give a name apart from Roo who can do the job..

If Joe Cole is fit & in his phenomenal form i think he is somehow undroppable ..

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM

Fasha wrote:
king wrote:

why is it.. it's always problematic for England when it comes to striker? Has English striker extinct? but then again.. i can't really give a name apart from Roo who can do the job..

If Joe Cole is fit & in his phenomenal form i think he is somehow undroppable ..

cant nme 1 eng striker that wud create fear among d other nations except 4 roo....d rest - defoe,heskey, agbonlahor r few steps back...definitely not in d 'A' list

im also hoping joe can get back 2 his very best...in bout4 months time...d mids really gotta chip in this time...especially lamps n grad..such a disappointment at wc06

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

;O

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin

king wrote:
Fasha wrote:
king wrote:

cant nme 1 eng striker that wud create fear among d other nations except 4 roo....d rest - defoe,heskey, agbonlahor r few steps back...definitely not in d 'A' list

im also hoping joe can get back 2 his very best...in bout4 months time...d mids really gotta chip in this time...especially lamps n grad..such a disappointment at wc06

i don't think England has an A LIST striker apart from Roo.. but Defoe should be alright i guess..

Joe back to his back is a pleasant news to all England fans.. cuz he usually can create something from nothing when it matters.. i do hope Lampard & Gerrard would give better performance in the WC this time around.. it hurts me so much seeing Lampard with all the opportunities but none end up in goal.. As for Gerrard.. i hope he will re-discover his form just in time for the WC..

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin

Fasha wrote:
i don't think England has an A LIST striker apart from Roo.. but Defoe should be alright i guess..

quite a waster though. the amount of chances he wasted...

i think england's strikers are not that bad. i think they will do the job required. portugal is one of the top countries to have the ****tiest collection of strikers :nod:

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM

Loque wrote:
Fasha wrote:

i think england's strikers are not that bad. i think they will do the job required. portugal is one of the top countries to have the ****tiest collection of strikers :nod:

defoe's not that bad...worth bringing 2 saouth africa...just 2 add 1 thing - d english need 2 work on their penalty taking skills....they s**k

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

king wrote:
Loque wrote:
Fasha wrote:

defoe's not that bad...worth bringing 2 saouth africa...just 2 add 1 thing - d english need 2 work on their penalty taking skills....they s**k

worth, yes. but compared to roo, not on the same level. act, no england striker is on par with roo

nway, i think eng shld look into playing 4-5-1. roo has showed he can play as that lone striker, as long the midfield can support him. against spain, brazil, argentina, the game will be won in midfield :nod:

james
johnson rio terry cole
barry lampard
lennon gerrard cole/milner
roo

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin

Post Re: Second gong for Rooney
Second gong for Rooney

Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney claimed his second major award of a remarkable season when he was named Footballer of the Year for the first time by the Football Writers Association.

Rooney, who has scored 34 goals for United in all competitions this season, took 80 per cent of the votes cast by members of the FWA.

Chelsea striker Didier Drogba was a distant second in the voting with Manchester City's Argentine frontman Carlos Tevez in third position.

"I am delighted to win an award with so much history and tradition and to follow a long line of wonderful players who have been honoured by the FWA since 1948 gives me real pride," Rooney said.

"I would like to take this opportunity to thank my manager at United Sir Alex Ferguson, the coaching staff and my team mates without whose help and support this award would not have been possible."

Rooney, who was voted PFA Player of the Year on Sunday and also the Premier League's fans Player of the Season this week, has successfully filled the void left by the departure of Cristiano Ronaldo to Real Madrid although the tail end of his season has been interrupted by injury.

He is unlikely to play in United's final two Premier League games as they try and overhaul Chelsea at the top of the table because of a groin strain having recovered quicker than expected from an ankle injury.

"Wayne is a worthy winner of our prestigious award and the margin of his victory is testimony to the marvellous season he has had for club and country," FWA chairman Steve Bates said on announcing the award.

"His tally of 34 goals so far this season is certain to have captured the attention of our members but I am sure the overall improvement in his game at Manchester United has been of equal significance.

"Wayne's enthusiasm, hunger and desire mark him out as a special player and we hope he can carry his club form on to the international stage in the World Cup this summer and help England achieve their dream."

Rooney will be presented with his trophy in London on May 13.

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM

this is a massive boost :suprised:

congrats 2 him :up:

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

rsnye die ade mng lg satu individual award kn?

26 stUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM

Loque wrote:

FSDevils Player of the Year :nod:

26 stUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

---------
nazq wrote:
Loque wrote:

FSDevils Player of the Year :nod:

:|

26 stUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 695 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47  Next