It is currently 26 thUTCp 2008





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 695 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 47  Next
 Second gong for Rooney 
Author Message
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: 26 thUTCp 2008
Posts: 19557
Location: Seremban
 Second gong for Rooney
Rooney on the left flank. Is that a good choice?

We've seen in few occasions where Roo played on the left flank and did quite well.. The game against Spurs made it even clearer.. Even when playing for England, he will be put on the left flank.. seems to work most of the times.. Furthermore, with the inclusion of Berbatov to the squad this season & headache of putting Tevez in the starting 11, this approach appear to be the only option so that all four attacking force Roo,Ron, Tevez & Berba can play together..

With no real quality left winger, do you think it's an appropriate choice to play Rooney on the left wing? or would you rather see him in his normal position up front?

Let's share any opinion on this matter..


26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM

Joined: 26 thUTCp 2008
Posts: 548
Location: Moscow,Russia
Post Re: Rooney on the left flank. Is that a good choice?
i've been thinking bout this too,Fasha.I think roo should be deployed on the left wing as he's a good crosser and can join the fray from that position too..i just loved the formation last Sat vs spurs..all the big guns in their respective position :nod:

i've never considered Roo as an out an out striker..so im all for roo o play on the left wing.


26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: 26 thUTCp 2008
Posts: 19557
Location: Seremban
Post Re: Rooney on the left flank. Is that a good choice?
but then again.. He is not a natural winger.. i'm torn about this as.. i want to see him in his normal position too..


26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
User avatar

Joined: 26 thUTCp 2008
Posts: 5803
Location: Sintok
Post Re: Rooney on the left flank. Is that a good choice?
i think, it depends on what formation we're using and what players we're using upfront.


26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

Joined: 26 thUTCp 2008
Posts: 23378
Location: Nowhere
Post Re: Rooney on the left flank. Is that a good choice?
nazq wrote:
i think, it depends on what formation we're using and what players we're using upfront.

btol.

it works, and roo doesnt mind, so why not? seems to work against spurs and when he's plyg for england..


26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: 26 thUTCp 2008
Posts: 19557
Location: Seremban
Post Re: Rooney on the left flank. Is that a good choice?
but i'm greedy.. i want him on the flank & him being a striker at the same time.. haha.. sometimes i feel like he should be doing the regular striker's job.. but then again.. i like a player who can create chances as well.. i'm puzzled..


26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin

Joined: 26 thUTCp 2008
Posts: 23378
Location: Nowhere
Post Re: Rooney on the left flank. Is that a good choice?
Fasha wrote:
but i'm greedy.. i want him on the flank & him being a striker at the same time.. haha.. sometimes i feel like he should be doing the regular striker's job.. but then again.. i like a player who can create chances as well.. i'm puzzled..

i think for the sake of berba, he cant play in the 'hole' anymore. coz it seems like berba ahs made that his pstn.

so for roo, its either upfront or on the left. personally i'll put him on the left, he's proven to be effective there.

i think if we want to see berba makes it at utd, this will be the way to go


26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: 26 thUTCp 2008
Posts: 19557
Location: Seremban
Post Re: Rooney on the left flank. Is that a good choice?
Loque wrote:
Fasha wrote:
but i'm greedy.. i want him on the flank & him being a striker at the same time.. haha.. sometimes i feel like he should be doing the regular striker's job.. but then again.. i like a player who can create chances as well.. i'm puzzled..

i think for the sake of berba, he cant play in the 'hole' anymore. coz it seems like berba ahs made that his pstn.

so for roo, its either upfront or on the left. personally i'll put him on the left, he's proven to be effective there.

i think if we want to see berba makes it at utd, this will be the way to go


so this the best way to fit Berba into the squad.. hence, Roo is the one who has to do the adjustment?


26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin

Joined: 26 thUTCp 2008
Posts: 23378
Location: Nowhere
Post Re: Rooney on the left flank. Is that a good choice?
Fasha wrote:
Loque wrote:
Fasha wrote:
but i'm greedy.. i want him on the flank & him being a striker at the same time.. haha.. sometimes i feel like he should be doing the regular striker's job.. but then again.. i like a player who can create chances as well.. i'm puzzled..

i think for the sake of berba, he cant play in the 'hole' anymore. coz it seems like berba ahs made that his pstn.

so for roo, its either upfront or on the left. personally i'll put him on the left, he's proven to be effective there.

i think if we want to see berba makes it at utd, this will be the way to go


so this the best way to fit Berba into the squad.. hence, Roo is the one who has to do the adjustment?

based on my observation, yes. i've given up hope of seeing berba plyg upfront as the target man. he's shown us that he's a support striker.

the advantage for us is that roo is very versatile, and willing to play anywhere he's asked. so i think there's no prob there.

in the future, i think we will see roo on the left, berba in the hole, and ron on the right.

upfront? i dunno..


26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
User avatar

Joined: 26 thUTCp 2008
Posts: 2846
Location: Serbia
Post Re: Rooney on the left flank. Is that a good choice?
YESS!!


26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM WWW
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: 26 thUTCp 2008
Posts: 19557
Location: Seremban
Post Re: Rooney on the left flank. Is that a good choice?
Loque wrote:
Fasha wrote:
Loque wrote:
Fasha wrote:
but i'm greedy.. i want him on the flank & him being a striker at the same time.. haha.. sometimes i feel like he should be doing the regular striker's job.. but then again.. i like a player who can create chances as well.. i'm puzzled..

i think for the sake of berba, he cant play in the 'hole' anymore. coz it seems like berba ahs made that his pstn.

so for roo, its either upfront or on the left. personally i'll put him on the left, he's proven to be effective there.

i think if we want to see berba makes it at utd, this will be the way to go


so this the best way to fit Berba into the squad.. hence, Roo is the one who has to do the adjustment?

based on my observation, yes. i've given up hope of seeing berba plyg upfront as the target man. he's shown us that he's a support striker.

the advantage for us is that roo is very versatile, and willing to play anywhere he's asked. so i think there's no prob there.

in the future, i think we will see roo on the left, berba in the hole, and ron on the right.

upfront? i dunno..


in the end, we're still looking for RVN type of striker huh?


26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin

Joined: 26 thUTCp 2008
Posts: 23378
Location: Nowhere
Post Re: Rooney on the left flank. Is that a good choice?
Fasha wrote:
in the end, we're still looking for RVN type of striker huh?

could be. but i have a feeling we already have a ready made frontman: ronaldo (and in the future, macheda) :nod:


26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: 26 thUTCp 2008
Posts: 19557
Location: Seremban
Post Re: Rooney on the left flank. Is that a good choice?
Loque wrote:
Fasha wrote:
in the end, we're still looking for RVN type of striker huh?

could be. but i have a feeling we already have a ready made frontman: ronaldo (and in the future, macheda) :nod:


so our winger is playing the frontman role.. and our striker is playing the winger role? huhu..


26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin

Joined: 26 thUTCp 2008
Posts: 23378
Location: Nowhere
Post Re: Rooney on the left flank. Is that a good choice?
Fasha wrote:
Loque wrote:
Fasha wrote:
in the end, we're still looking for RVN type of striker huh?

could be. but i have a feeling we already have a ready made frontman: ronaldo (and in the future, macheda) :nod:


so our winger is playing the frontman role.. and our striker is playing the winger role? huhu..

yeah, very confusing huhu.

but think about it. he's very fast, quite strong, good with both foot and an extremely good header. he has everything to be a very good striker. and i think he showed that last season already


26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: 26 thUTCp 2008
Posts: 19557
Location: Seremban
---------
Post Re: Rooney on the left flank. Is that a good choice?
Loque wrote:
Fasha wrote:
Loque wrote:
Fasha wrote:
in the end, we're still looking for RVN type of striker huh?

could be. but i have a feeling we already have a ready made frontman: ronaldo (and in the future, macheda) :nod:


so our winger is playing the frontman role.. and our striker is playing the winger role? huhu..

yeah, very confusing huhu.

but think about it. he's very fast, quite strong, good with both foot and an extremely good header. he has everything to be a very good striker. and i think he showed that last season already


well, he is always referred to as a forward.. so no problem for him playing the frontman role..


26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 695 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 47  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron