It is currently 26 rdUTCp 2008

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Rooney facing rest of season out 
Site Admin

Post Rooney facing rest of season out
Injured Rooney To Miss Three Weeks
Wed 14 Jan, 11:09 PM

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson expects Wayne Rooney to be out for around three weeks, after the striker suffered a hamstring injury during tonight's 1-0 win over Wigan.

Rooney put United ahead in the opening minute at Old Trafford but not long afterwards limped to the sidelines and was immediately replaced by Carlos Tevez.

"It is a hamstring injury," Ferguson confirmed.

"That will be about three weeks. We hope it is no longer."

It is not the only problem United face either as Ferguson reported both Tevez and Jonny Evans completed the game despite taking heavy knocks during the first half that will have to be assessed ahead of Saturday's trip to Bolton.

"Carlos limped through the second half and Jonny limped through virtually the whole game," revealed Ferguson.

"We will have to assess them and see how they are. We need our best team on Saturday because Bolton are a big side."

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM

Post Re: Injured Rooney To Miss Three Weeks
base on last nite performace This is a worrying moment.. ****e!

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM

mak aiiiiii...lame nyer...

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM WWW
Site Admin

d arsenal curse..

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin

it's worrying cuz when Roo's on the pitch.. he seems to give us extra confidence .. it's a bad news, but Tevez should be taking this as an opportunity to fight for his UNITED career..

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin

Fasha wrote:
it's worrying cuz when Roo's on the pitch.. he seems to give us extra confidence .. it's a bad news, but Tevez should be taking this as an opportunity to fight for his UNITED career..

he shld. but wut's worrying 2 me, tvz seems a bit down. saw him play in d 2nd hf against wigan, he seems 2 lose d ball easily, running into dead ends, looking a bit clueless on d field..

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM

lets c this as a bleesing in disguise 4 tvez...based on d bolton's game, he's inching back in 2 d form of last season...that assist 4 berb must hv boosted his confidence

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

tvz is overdoing it rite now. he shld hv passed d ball but instead keep wanting 2 dribble d ball into a dead end. i need d old tvz back..

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin

king wrote:
lets c this as a bleesing in disguise 4 tvez...based on d bolton's game, he's inching back in 2 d form of last season...that assist 4 berb must hv boosted his confidence

yea of course.. he just need to get back his confidence.. he'll do well again..

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin

Loque wrote:
tvz is overdoing it rite now. he shld hv passed d ball but instead keep wanting 2 dribble d ball into a dead end. i need d old tvz back..

yea.. i miss the old Tevez.. but then, he need to play more regularly.. if SAF really didn't want him, he should at least let him leave in a high.. but does anyone notices? he is so much loved by the UNITED faithfuls..huhu..

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin

Post Rooney back for Rovers
Man Utd take time over Rooney return

MANCHESTER, England (AFP) - Wayne Rooney could miss Sunday's FA Cup tie at Derby as Manchester United look to make sure their influential striker is available for key league and European fixtures in the coming weeks.

Rooney has been absent with a hamstring injury for almost two months and was expected to return at West Ham last Sunday.

However, the England striker was left out for the win at Upton Park and seems unlikely to be risked this weekend either as the Red Devils chase a quarter-final place.

With the first leg of their Champions League knock-out clash against Inter Milan due to be played at the San Siro on February 24, United are not keen to risk Rooney just now.

He could return for next Wednesday's Premier League encounter with Fulham at Old Trafford.

"We are still assessing Wayne," said United assistant-boss Mike Phelan.

"He has done a little bit of work but we are not going to rush that situation because we have important games. We will ease him back in as quickly as we can.

"If he is available terrific, if not we will look at it for the next game against Fulham because we would never jeopardise anything. We have numerous players in the squad that we can use if that's the case and we'll assess that.

We'll make a decision when he's fit and who he can play against. Inter Milan is always in your mind.

"It's a big game, it's Europe but it's still a way off and we have more games in between that. We'll pick our teams accordingly for each game."

Although Rooney may not feature against Derby, Ferguson will be boosted by the return of defensive trio Rio Ferdinand, Patrice Evra and Jonny Evans for the game at Pride Park.

Ferdinand was absent from England's 2-0 defeat to Spain in midweek due to a virus but is expected to recover.

French full-back Evra has now overcome a foot injury he suffered in the 3-0 win over Chelsea last month and centre-back Evans is back from an ankle problem sustained in the League Cup semi-final against Derby.

United have the opportunity to progress to the quarter-finals of the FA Cup, have come through the group phase of the Champions League, sit top of the Premier League and have a League Cup final with Tottenham to come next month.

But Phelan has warned there are still plenty of areas that United can improve and believes Ferguson's men can move to another level.

He said: "We start out with the idea that we can win every football match we play in and that hasn't changed from day one since I've been a player and a coach here.

"We're in four competitions, we're happy to be there, we feel as though we're playing well but we can improve even more.

"We know we've got a good squad and when all the players are fit and ready we have a selection headache every week but it's important that we continue with what we're doing.

"It's the nature of the game. We're a big club with big players and we want to be in all competitions and we want to achieve things.

"That doesn't change and this weekend it's an FA Cup match then we're back to the league and then Europe kicks in again so it's non-stop."

United lost the first leg of their League Cup semi-final with Derby 1-0 at Pride Park last month before winning the second game 4-2 at Old Trafford to reach the final.

And Phelan admits the club have learnt a lesson from their shock defeat to Nigel Clough's team.

He added: "We were a little bit surprised but I don't think that will happen this time.

"We were fortunate that we had a second opportunity in that tie so we felt comfortable having the home tie. This time it's the FA Cup and we go there, it's a fantastic arena, a great crowd and a great atmosphere to play in.

"The players always rise to the occasion in those cases and we look forward to the game."

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin

Post Re: Man Utd take time over Rooney return
is his injuries worse than expected?

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin

Loque wrote:

maybe.. but i hope he'll recover soon.. I' M MISSING ROO ALREADY!

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin

Fasha wrote:
Loque wrote:

maybe.. but i hope he'll recover soon.. I' M MISSING ROO ALREADY!

me too..

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin

---------
I MISS WAYNE ROONEY.. hahaha.. pardon me for my crazy moods..

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next