It is currently 26 rdUTCp 2008

Owen out for the season 
Site Admin

Post Re: SICKNOTES
MICHAEL OWEN OUT FOR THE SEASON

Manchester United striker Michael Owen has been ruled out for the rest of the season with a hamstring injury.

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson confirmed the striker would miss the rest of the campaign after suffering the injury in the Carling Cup final victory over Aston Villa last Sunday.

Owen, who scored in the Wembley final, had admitted before the injury that he was a "long shot" to make Fabio Capello's World Cup squad but any hope he had of making it to South Africa now appears to have gone.

"It's a bad blow - he's out for the season," Ferguson said. "Unfortunately it's more serious than we thought. He will be operated on on Monday morning.

"It's a terrible blow for the lad and is disappointing news for us too.

"He has never missed a training session all season.

"I think the heavy pitch at Wembley on Sunday made some contribution to it but really it is just bad luck."

Owen is now looking forward to the start of next season.

"Unfortunately the speCialst says I will miss the end of the season," said Owen.

"I have loved every minute of my first campaign with Manchester United and have already enjoyed some memorable moments.

"I am determined to come back at the start of next season in peak condition."

:facepalm:

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM

Post Re: Owen out for the season
good contributions from him, defining goal in derby day, hatrik kat CL, equaliser time final CC, and to think he is a freebie, there is one thing that I always hope for him:-

LIFT THE BPL TROPHY WITH UNITED

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail

i used 2 like once but not so sure nw

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

king wrote:

plak dh. terbalik lak ko ni huhu. apsal skng x ske?

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM

Bye-Bye WC for Owen!!! :8

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

when we purchased owen, i knew we wouldn't rely on him that much.. but he should be able to contribute somehow.. plus, we got him for free.. and looks like SAF was willing to take the risk even when he knows perfectly well how easily owen can get injured.. so i wouldn't say i hate him or it's a loss or anything.. it's quite obvious isn't it that he is going to be used that often.. i feel bad for him that he now missed the whole season.. but it's Owen, i'm not surprised if he's injured that long..

As for his WC hope.. i think he didn't have a chance even if he's fit.. i wouldn't take him if i was Capello.. i'm even pondering on should Becks be taken to SA as well.. i guess, if the manager thinks he had better option .. he doesn't have to be that sentimental about it.. after all, in the end.. only the teams matter.. so the best decision should be made for the team's sake..

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin

Fasha wrote:
when we purchased owen, i knew we wouldn't rely on him that much.. but he should be able to contribute somehow.. plus, we got him for free.. and looks like SAF was willing to take the risk even when he knows perfectly well how easily owen can get injured.. so i wouldn't say i hate him or it's a loss or anything.. it's quite obvious isn't it that he is going to be used that often.. i feel bad for him that he now missed the whole season.. but it's Owen, i'm not surprised if he's injured that long..

As for his WC hope.. i think he didn't have a chance even if he's fit.. i wouldn't take him if i was Capello.. i'm even pondering on should Becks be taken to SA as well.. i guess, if the manager thinks he had better option .. he doesn't have to be that sentimental about it.. after all, in the end.. only the teams matter.. so the best decision should be made for the team's sake..

1st of all, i dont really care he was ex-pool or sumthing. but i do have reservation about his fitness level. when he was given a chance, he was good, rarely let the team down. such a bummer when we really needed him, he got injured. i feel that we really need him last night...

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM

Btw guys,

kalau kita menang EPL season nih.. agak2 Owen layak tak dpt medal nti? appearance cukup tak season nih? :?:

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin

Loque wrote:
Fasha wrote:

1st of all, i dont really care he was ex-pool or sumthing. but i do have reservation about his fitness level. when he was given a chance, he was good, rarely let the team down. such a bummer when we really needed him, he got injured. i feel that we really need him last night...

may i asked where this point came from? i didn't recall saying anything related to him being an ex- of you know what..

i didn't question his ability at all, but fitness, injury free are essentials for football.. he end up this way resulted from series of bad injuries.. too bad for him.. but i won't be shallow enuff to judge his whole ability just because he's a former player of the team i detested the most.. i think i am able to put aside this sort of thing when making logical comments..

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin

Fasha wrote:
may i asked where this point came from? i didn't recall saying anything related to him being an ex- of you know what..

i didn't question his ability at all, but fitness, injury free are essentials for football.. he end up this way resulted from series of bad injuries.. too bad for him.. but i won't be shallow enuff to judge his whole ability just because he's a former player of the team i detested the most.. i think i am able to put aside this sort of thing when making logical comments..

not saying about u. but i know a few utd fans who doesnt really like him due to his past history. juz want to make that point...

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM

Loque wrote:
king wrote:

plak dh. terbalik lak ko ni huhu. apsal skng x ske?

ms dia burst in2 scene time wc98 memg ak cukp ske...pas g real da mule turun r performance dia..he's just a shadow of his own past...hmm 1/2 d shadow

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail

faizul-azlan® wrote:
Btw guys,

kalau kita menang EPL season nih.. agak2 Owen layak tak dpt medal nti? appearance cukup tak season nih? :?:

sian lak kt dia...bg je r...at least bia r dlm career dia ad gk mng league tittle skali

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail

hancur impian aku nak tgk Owen skor lwn Pool kat OT (Doh)

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail

Macheda return set to boost United striking options

Sir Alex Ferguson expects Federico Macheda to return from a long-standing calf problem in two weeks' time, to provide a timely boost to Manchester United's limited striking options.

Federico Macheda scored the winner on his Manchester United debut against Aston Villa last season

Macheda has been limited to just five appearances this season, the last of which came in the Carling Cup quarter-final triumph over Tottenham in December, with a calf strain sidelining the Italy Under-21 star since then.

Macheda has already been forced to abort one comeback bid but with Michael Owen out for the season and Danny Welbeck spending the remainder of the campaign on loan at Preston, the 18-year-old would offer Ferguson an alternative to his remaining three recognised strikers: Wayne Rooney, Dimitar Berbatov and rookie Mame Biram Diouf.

Certainly, there will be no fears for Macheda's temperament, given his explosive introduction to English football last season when he scored a sensational injury-time winner against Aston Villa before netting the goal that secured a vital win at Sunderland.

And, if all goes to plan, Macheda could return within a fortnight to bolster Ferguson's attacking resources.

"Macheda started light training this week,'' Ferguson said. "He has had a long-term injury which has been disappointing for us because he is such a great talent. But he should be back in the football side within two weeks.''

Ferguson is hoping Macheda is following Owen Hargreaves on the comeback trail as, after nearly 18 months on the sidelines, the England midfielder is expected to make his long-awaited return from surgery on both knees in Thursday night's reserve team encounter with Manchester City at Altrincham.

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

---------
nazq wrote:
hancur impian aku nak tgk Owen skor lwn Pool kat OT (Doh)

aku x kesah sape pn skor, jnj skor :facepalm:

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM