It is currently 26 thUTCp 2008

OFFICIAL: Niko Kranjcar Joins Tottenham Hotspur 
Site Admin

Post OFFICIAL: Niko Kranjcar Joins Tottenham Hotspur
Portsmouth would sell Jermain Defoe for the correct price

Portsmouth have confirmed they would be willing to sell Jermain Defoe if they received an acceptable offer.

"It looks like Jermain wants to go. That is something we will be speaking to him about," said Portsmouth's executive chairman, Peter Storrie. "If Jermain goes it will be at our price and if there is an offer which appeals. We have always said we do not keep people who do not want to play for Portsmouth. We do not have to sell anyone but if he wants to go that is a different matter."

Defoe only arrived from White Hart Lane in a £9m deal last January and has been the subject of interest from his former manager Harry Redknapp, who is now in charge of Spurs. If Defoe was to join Tottenham - believed to be his preferred choice - he will need special dispensation from the Premier League to rejoin his old club within 12 months of a transfer.

Portsmouth have already sold Lassana Diarra for £20m and Storrie said there would be money for Tony Adams to buy players. "I never talk about money but Tony will be given the means if he wants to strengthen the squad," said Storrie. "From talking to him I know he is looking to do most of his business in the summer. That's when he feels we will get more value for money and more players are available. But we are still talking to people now and are looking to bring in two or three during the transfer window to improve the squad."

Storrie also confirmed Lauren and Richard Duffy will be released if they can find an employer. "Lauren and Duffy have asked if they can leave in January and we have said they can," he said. "They have to find new clubs, however, and their agents are currently circulating their names."

26 ndUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin

Post Re: Portsmouth would sell Jermain Defoe for the correct price
klaka lk dh g pompey, pas2 blk spurs.

cmne dgn bent n pavlyuchenko?

26 ndUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin

Loque wrote:

but Redknapp doesn't mind welcoming Defoe back at White Hart Lane..

26 ndUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin

Fasha wrote:
Loque wrote:

managers tend 2 pick plyrs who they r familiar wit. but if dis hppn, expect either bent or pavlyuchenko 2 leave

26 ndUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin

Loque wrote:
Fasha wrote:
Loque wrote:

managers tend 2 pick plyrs who they r familiar wit. but if dis hppn, expect either bent or pavlyuchenko 2 leave

maybe.. pity pavlyuchenko..

26 ndUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin

Fasha wrote:
Loque wrote:
Fasha wrote:
Loque wrote:

sunderland will take him. they like 2 take spurs rejects huhu

26 ndUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin

Loque wrote:
Fasha wrote:
Loque wrote:
Fasha wrote:
Loque wrote:

sunderland will take him. they like 2 take spurs rejects huhu

it's a lil bit unfair to him cuz he hasn't had a stable environment just yet at Spurs with all those problems with the club & managers.. that had unsettled him a lil bit..

26 ndUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin

Fasha wrote:
it's a lil bit unfair to him cuz he hasn't had a stable environment just yet at Spurs with all those problems with the club & managers.. that had unsettled him a lil bit..

dis is d current trend of world footy.

mayb d rite club, but wrong time 2 move

26 ndUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin

Loque wrote:
Fasha wrote:

dis is d current trend of world footy.

mayb d rite club, but wrong time 2 move

yea.. too bad for the player..

26 ndUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin

Post Re: Harry Redknapp: Portsmouth want £20m for Defoe
Harry Redknapp: Portsmouth want £20m for Defoe

Spurs chairman Levy and Portsmouth chief executive Storrie met in an attempt to thrash out a deal for the England striker to return to White Hart Lane but Redknapp described them as being "miles apart" in their valuations.

Redknapp, who brought Defoe to Fratton Park while Portsmouth manager last January, feels his former club want more than £20 million for 26-year-old.

"The two clubs are miles apart in their valuation of the player so I think we'll have to move on," he said. "Portsmouth are looking for in excess of £20m, so I don’t think it is going to happen."

The need for attacking reinforcements was highlighted by the groin strain Darren Bent picked up during the 3-1 FA Cup third-round win over Wigan at White Hart Lane.

"He's struggling a bit," Redknapp said. "I don't know for sure but he'll (Bent) be out for a little while.

"We need three to four new players." And with regard to who is on the horizon as possible new recruits, Redknapp said: "I rang Gareth Southgate (Middlesbrough manager) and told him I was interested in Stewart Downing and if he wanted to sell him. But Gareth told me he was not for sale, and that’s that.’’

Tottenham's squad is already stretched and Redknapp was opposed to introducing Hossam Ghaly as the crowd were jeering the Egypt international on his return to the first-team squad after throwing his shirt on the ground when he was substituted under Martin Jol in 2007.

"Everyone started booing and I heard people shouting abuse," Redknapp said. "I didn't want to change the atmosphere of the game with eight or nine minutes left.

"Obviously there is a problem with the boy playing. It's got to be very difficult for him in the future. I spoke to him afterwards about it.

"We need him. We all make mistakes in life. Show me someone who hasn't made mistakes and I'll show you a liar. Everyone deserves another chance.

"He's been okay since I've been here and his attitude has been fine. I felt sorry for him."

Roman Pavlyuchenko scored twice against Wigan, either side of a Luka Modric diving header as Spurs booked their place in the fourth round.

26 rdUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin

Post Re: Death threats for want-away Defoe: report
Death threats for want-away Defoe: report
Sun 04 Jan, 10:09 AM

PORTSMOUTH, England (AFP) - England striker Jermain Defoe has received threats from Portsmouth fans angry at his apparent desire to return to Tottenham barely a year after his arrival at Fratton Park.

"Some of the calls have made me sick to my stomach," Defoe, 26, told the Sunday Mirror.

The forward is believed in line for a White Hart Lane return - although Manchester City have also been linked with him, as have Aston Villa and Juventus.

"I have absolutely no idea how they got hold of my number but some of the calls have made me sick to my stomach.

"I have reported it to officials at the club, but cannot accept that it is coming from people with a balanced state of mind," said Defoe.

"It has infuriated and upset my family and left me wondering what on earth possesses people to do things like that."

Defoe, who missed the holders' FA Cup draw Saturday with Bristol City, said he wanted to go at a meeting with manager Tony Adams and executive chairman Peter Storrie last week.

Adams insists Defoe will only be allowed to leave Fratton Park for the right price amid media reports the club want .

Since winning the FA Cup at Wembley against Cardiff in May Portsmouth have lost coach Harry Redknapp to Spurs while owner Sacha Gaydamak has put the club up for sale and now Pompey face a battle to keep Defoe.

Redknapp said earlier he believed Portsmouth would want some 20 million pounds for the player he signed for less than half that amount only last January.

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin

hmm, its u'standable y people r angry bout dis. but dat doesnt makes it acceptable..

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin

Loque wrote:
hmm, its u'standable y people r angry bout dis. but dat doesnt makes it acceptable..

human beings loves to do something stupid & unacceptable.. which makes it hard for me to understand..

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin

Fasha wrote:
Loque wrote:

human beings loves to do something stupid & unacceptable.. which makes it hard for me to understand..

mayb d pompey fans fear they may lose defoe n crouch, cnsdrg arry has left..

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin

---------
Loque wrote:
Fasha wrote:
Loque wrote:

mayb d pompey fans fear they may lose defoe n crouch, cnsdrg arry has left..

there is no used forcing someone who no longer wants to stay.. once there's a change of heart, it would be pointless to make them stay..

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM