It is currently 26 thUTCp 2008

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Nicky Shorey Leaves Aston Villa For Portsmouth On Loan 

Post Re: Portsmouth accept Liverpool bid for Glen Johnson
nazq wrote:
owenhargreaves wrote:
adusss....
harap2 dpt main la kt liverpool nnt..jgn dok bench jerk..
coz aku nk tgk england pgg world cup!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kalau dia dok bench Neville sedia dipanggil utk England :I

:nod: :nod:
pstu dpt lak world cup..jeles scholes ngn giggs

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM WWW
Site Admin

owenhargreaves wrote:
nazq wrote:
owenhargreaves wrote:
adusss....
harap2 dpt main la kt liverpool nnt..jgn dok bench jerk..
coz aku nk tgk england pgg world cup!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kalau dia dok bench Neville sedia dipanggil utk England :I

:nod: :nod:
pstu dpt lak world cup..jeles scholes ngn giggs

scholes dh x heran psl maen utk england

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin

aku sedihla die nak join scums.. isk2..

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin

Liverpool set to sign Glen Johnson after Portsmouth agree £18.5m fee

Liverpool expect to sign Glen Johnson within the next week after Portsmouth accepted their £18.5m bid for the England right-back and Chelsea withdrew from the race for their former employee.

The deal will represent a significant breakthrough in the transfer market for Rafael Benítez, who was also informed today that Real Madrid's interest in Xabi Alonso has allegedly faded.

Johnson, along with David Silva and Gareth Barry, was a leading target for Benítez this summer and is clear to complete his move to Anfield after Liverpool matched Chelsea's offer for the 24-year-old last night.

Though unable to compete financially with Chelsea and Manchester City, who also bid for Johnson, Liverpool are still owed £7m by Portsmouth from the deal that took Peter Crouch to Fratton Park last year. That will be written off as part of the Johnson fee, with Andrea Dossena and possibly Alvaro Arbeloa being sold by Liverpool to swell Benítez's budget beyond a net £20m.

The England international considered a straight choice between Liverpool and Chelsea after electing against a move to City due to their lack of Champions League football.

Johnson had indicated to Anfield officials that he favoured a move to Merseyside and that decision became simpler yesterday when Chelsea opted against re-signing the player they sold for £4m in 2007. It is believed problems selling José Bosingwa may have forced Chelsea's sudden retreat, with the Stamford Bridge club unwilling to add another expensive right-back to their squad without off-loading the £16.2m Portugal international.

Johnson's anticipated arrival at Anfield will be a major relief to Benítez following Barry's move to City and the possible repercussions for Alonso, a long-time target for the new Real Madrid president, Florentino Pérez, and a player who remains disillusioned with his relationship with the Liverpool manager. The Anfield club have repeatedly insisted that Alonso is not for sale and, in the absence of any public declaration to the contrary from the player, Real's director-general Jorge Valdano has claimed defeat in attempts to lure the Spain international to the Bernabeu.

His interview with Marca, however, may also be an attempt to force Liverpool to lower their asking price for Alonso and part of a protracted strategy to sign the 27-year-old.

"Liverpool have issued an official statement to the public – Xabi is a player who has little chance of joining Real Madrid," said Valdano. "We tried hard to sign him a few years ago. We had a meeting with Real Sociedad but, when I left (Madrid), they lost interest in him."

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin

Fasha wrote:
Liverpool set to sign Glen Johnson after Portsmouth agree £18.5m fee

wow.. even Glen Johnson cost that much huh?

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM

are you surprised?

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

nazq wrote:
are you surprised?

of course.. i know he's good but that price tag is too much..

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin

Fasha wrote:
nazq wrote:
are you surprised?

very. a lot of fans are quite surprised/bewildered with this price tag. sure he's good, but 18mil? huhu...

but i hear pompey are still owing pool a few million bucks from the crouch deal, so pool wont exactly be paying 18mil to pompey...

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM

Loque wrote:
Fasha wrote:
nazq wrote:
are you surprised?

very. a lot of fans are quite surprised/bewildered with this price tag. sure he's good, but 18mil? huhu...

but i hear pompey are still owing pool a few million bucks from the crouch deal, so pool wont exactly be paying 18mil to pompey...

Bertambah kuat la pool.....adusss
:facepalm: :dash: :facepalm:

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM WWW
Site Admin

judin wrote:
Loque wrote:
Fasha wrote:
nazq wrote:
are you surprised?

Bertambah kuat la pool.....adusss
:facepalm: :dash: :facepalm:

well, ini adalah ujian utk kte. aku hrp SAF dh amek perhatian akan perkembangan squad liverpool skng and amek tindakan sewajarnye :frown:

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM

Go spending Fergie!!!!!! 8(

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM WWW
Site Admin

judin wrote:
Go spending Fergie!!!!!! 8(

:nod:

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM

Blues join race for Johnson
19 Jun 2009 - 08:25:08

Chelsea have joined the race to sign Glen Johnson after tabling an £18million offer for the Portsmouth and England defender.

The 24-year-old right-back was believed to be close to joining Liverpool after they made their interest known at the beginning of the week.

However, Pompey executive chairman Peter Storrie has now revealed that Chelsea have also made an offer for a player they sold for just £4million two years ago.

Johnson left Stamford Bridge after three frustrating seasons on the fringes of the first team but has seen his club and international career blossom at Fratton Park.

"The matter will come to a conclusion at the beginning of next week. I do not have a preference over the move, it is up to Glen," said Storrie.

"The deals are almost identical so it really is down to him and what club he prefers - which one is going to pay him more money.

"Glen wants to play regularly in the Champions League, he has got himself back in the England side so I understand that. Sometimes you have to be fair to players."

Chelsea's interest casts further doubt on the future of current right-back Jose Bosingwa.

The Portugal international has already been targeted by Bayern Munich and could now be on his way out of Stamford Bridge after just one season in the Premier League.

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM

tgh siap sedia utk rules 6+5 :I

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

---------
shafinabazilah wrote:
Blues join race for Johnson
19 Jun 2009 - 08:25:08

Chelsea have joined the race to sign Glen Johnson after tabling an £18million offer for the Portsmouth and England defender.

The 24-year-old right-back was believed to be close to joining Liverpool after they made their interest known at the beginning of the week.

However, Pompey executive chairman Peter Storrie has now revealed that Chelsea have also made an offer for a player they sold for just £4million two years ago.

Johnson left Stamford Bridge after three frustrating seasons on the fringes of the first team but has seen his club and international career blossom at Fratton Park.

"The matter will come to a conclusion at the beginning of next week. I do not have a preference over the move, it is up to Glen," said Storrie.

"The deals are almost identical so it really is down to him and what club he prefers - which one is going to pay him more money.

"Glen wants to play regularly in the Champions League, he has got himself back in the England side so I understand that. Sometimes you have to be fair to players."

Chelsea's interest casts further doubt on the future of current right-back Jose Bosingwa.

The Portugal international has already been targeted by Bayern Munich and could now be on his way out of Stamford Bridge after just one season in the Premier League.

well, i hope he won't be making a U-TURN.. but Chelsea is always a better choice than Scums.. huhu..

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next