It is currently 26 thUTCp 2008

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 New deal for Neville 
Site Admin

Post New deal for Neville
Neville's days at Manchester United numbered

Gary Neville’s days could be numbered at Manchester United. Club Captain Neville, 33, is in the final year of his contract and has not been offered a new deal.

Neville, who missed the last 16 months after damaging his ankle during a Premier League clash with Bolton Wanderers in 2007, has struggled to regain his form and has started just four of 11 league games this season.

On Saturday, Arsenal playmaker Samir Nasri made his day a misery in United’s 2-1 defeat at the Emirates. Neville was finally replaced after 63 minutes by Rafael da Silva, 18, who eventually scored a consolation goal for United.

The Brazilian is seen as Neville’s long-term replacement at right back, with manager Sir Alex Ferguson effusive in his praise for the youngster.

Ferguson said: “The boy’s such a gutsy character, and he’s got such talent.

“He’s got the Brazilian mentality of ‘Give me the ball, I want to play’. It’s a great attribute to have for such a young kid.”

Neville’s opportunities at the club have been further jeopardised by the club’s confidence in last season’s right-back Wes Brown, 29, who has been given a new four-year contract.

In addition, Rio Ferdinand has been told he will be United’s long-term captain, a job he did in Neville’s absence last season.

Neville, however, has tried to remain positive and is not prepared to give up his place that easily.

“I just need games”, he said. “Having been out for so long, I need a run of five, six or seven matches.

“It’s just a case of remaining patient, keeping fit and training well every day.”

However, with early pacesetters Chelsea and Liverpool leading the title race, Sir Alex is unlikely to remain patient. He has demonstrated his lack of sentimentality in the past, dispensing with the likes of long-serving players Nicky **** and Roy Keane as soon as they started to lose their effectiveness.

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM

Post Re: Neville's days at Manchester United numbered?
life goes on...players get old...he looks rusty & that nasty injury can b blamed...i feel 4 gaz...but that rafael kid got d attacking flair of gr8 brazilian fullbacks & u just gotta let him play

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

yes it is.

u've been a legend gaz, but everything gud must come 2 an end..

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM

yea, totally agree with you there, loque. good things do come to an end eventually. no matter how good one is, when his time has come, he must give the chance for another player to strut his stuff. i do think that with brown & rafael in line as his predecessor, the right back position is in good hands.
i'm not just talking abt the RB position.. the other positions as well. we might not have the biggest names in our team for every position but we can make them as big as any name just by giving them their chance to play. so, have faith!

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM

ya..its quite true..
harsh fact 2 accept by gaz himself n his fellow fans...
his good old days has past him..
juz let him be among the legend amongst other old trafford hero..hemmm

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin

did anyone noticed neville's frown when rafael scored?

seems like he knew his time is coming 2 an end..

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM

Loque wrote:

nope..ko ade video 2 ke?huhu xpasan ar

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM

shahrolemazwan wrote:
Loque wrote:

ntah aku pun tak perasan.. tunjuk la kalu ader.. nak tgk gak.. huhu..

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM

aku rasa dia better consider utk amik coaching license dah skrg.. huhu.. dgn karektor dia mcm tuh.. aku sure dia leh jd coach ngn baik..

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM

looks like everybody is looking for rafael now as a gaz successor..how about brown?a homegrown talent..still warming bench wesley??after so many years..huhu..yeah..gaz should take coaching license now..

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin

b.o.b.s wrote:
looks like everybody is looking for rafael now as a gaz successor..how about brown?a homegrown talent..still warming bench wesley??after so many years..huhu..yeah..gaz should take coaching license now..

rafael is good prospect for the future.. but i still loves Brown..hehe.. he did a good job covering for Gaz and sometimes he made a cover in central defence.. he may not be the best defender in the world but i think he is essential to the team..

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM

b.o.b.s wrote:

the brazilian is very promising but i still prefer wes ahead of him.. huhu.. rafael is one for the future.. huhu.. so there are no worries bout who will occupied the right back after gaz depature... huhu..

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM

faizul-azlan® wrote:
shahrolemazwan wrote:
Loque wrote:

ntah aku pun tak perasan.. tunjuk la kalu ader.. nak tgk gak.. huhu..

aku ada pasan..
td aku tgk highlight yg tnjuk goal rafael..
mase gol 2,kamera ada fokus kt bench..
mule2 nampk saf tlompat,then kt blakang 2 gaz tgah tepuk tangan ngn muke yg kecewa..
kesian gaz.. :cry:

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM

Fasha wrote:
b.o.b.s wrote:

rafael is good prospect for the future.. but i still loves Brown..hehe.. he did a good job covering for Gaz and sometimes he made a cover in central defence.. he may not be the best defender in the world but i think he is essential to the team..

huhu member aku pun ske tgk wes..
dia kate wes cm xpnah snyum lgsung atas padang..muke garang jek..

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin

---------
shahrolemazwan wrote:
Fasha wrote:
b.o.b.s wrote:

huhu member aku pun ske tgk wes..
dia kate wes cm xpnah snyum lgsung atas padang..muke garang jek..

i like his no-nonsense attitude when he is playing..

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next