It is currently 26 thUTCp 2008

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 753 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 51  Next
 Michael Owen eyes new United deal 

Will Owen get into England WC2010 Squad?
Poll ended at 26 thUTCp 2008
YES 64%  64%  [ 7 ]
NO 27%  27%  [ 3 ]
NOT SURE 9%  9%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 11

Site Admin

Aston Villa Set To Sign Emile Heskey-Reports

Emile Heskey could be an Aston Villa player very shortly, as the Birmingham club have reportedly made a £3.5 million bid for the Wigan Atheltic player, who is apparently ready to sign a 5 year deal, according to The Birmingham Post.

The former Leicester City, Liverpool and Birmingham City striker has been repeatedly linked with a return to the Midlands to work once again with Villa manger Martin O'Neill, who managed Heskey during the early stages of his career at Leicester.

Heskey, who has made a noteworthy return to the England squad during his time in Lancashire with unfashionable Wigan Athletic, whom he joined in 2006 for a reported £5.5 million, had been linked with moves to a clutch of clubs as he neared the end of his contract at the JJB Stadium.

Should his move to Villa be officially confirmed, it pays considerable testament to the transfer skills of Villa boss O'Neill, who has played his cards close to his chest when discussing any possible transfers and now seems to have pulled off a major coup.

The striker will be a valuable addition to Villa's squad as they push to break into the top four this season and claim a much-coveted Champions League spot. He will provide excellent depth up front for Villa, who had been short on striking options after the recent presistent injury problems of Norwegian target man John Carew.

26 rdUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM

Post Re: Aston Villa Set To Sign Emile Heskey-Reports
villa ni bagus jugak..mostly english punye player je..lebih kurang macam spurs zaman jol dulu..

26 rdUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin

b.o.b.s wrote:
villa ni bagus jugak..mostly english punye player je..lebih kurang macam spurs zaman jol dulu..

bagusla.. at least die xdela byk sgt problem if 6+5 rules kene implied nanti..

26 rdUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM

Fasha wrote:
b.o.b.s wrote:

yg mungkin ade problem maybe arsenal...huhuhu...da xde player english da dlm starting eleven...

26 rdUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM WWW
Site Admin

owenhargreaves wrote:
Fasha wrote:
b.o.b.s wrote:

yg mungkin ade problem maybe arsenal...huhuhu...da xde player english da dlm starting eleven...

6+5 system, aku rase involves home-grown players kan.. which means, they didn't necessarily have to be English kan? correct me if i'm wrong..

26 rdUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM

Fasha wrote:
owenhargreaves wrote:
Fasha wrote:
b.o.b.s wrote:

6+5 system, aku rase involves home-grown players kan.. which means, they didn't necessarily have to be English kan? correct me if i'm wrong..

yeke, aku plak rase players yg bleh main utk national team @ warganegara Britain jek.... xtau ah which one yg btol......

26 rdUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin

zul apad ly© wrote:
Fasha wrote:
owenhargreaves wrote:
Fasha wrote:
b.o.b.s wrote:

yeke, aku plak rase players yg bleh main utk national team @ warganegara Britain jek.... xtau ah which one yg btol......

this FIFA 6+5 approach
" At the beginning of each match, each club must field at least 6 who are players eligible to play for the national team of the country of the club.

However, there is no restriction on the number of non-eligible players under contract with the club,nor on substitutes to avoid non-sportive constraints on the coaches (potentially 3+8 at the end of a match)."

BUT, “6+5’’ nationality-based quota is unworkable because it contravenes European Commission law.

my view : so this would mean, a team need to start a team with at least 6 local players.. in our case, 6 English Players(i think).. eventho we had players from Scotland, Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland & Wales, they didn't represent the national team of the country of the club.. rite?

HOWEVER, the league is planning to introduce "THE HOME-GROWN RULES" to fit FIFA 6+5 rules

The HomeGrown Rules

" It would require clubs to include at least four players "registered domestically for a minimum of three seasons prior to their 21st birthday" in their matchday squads."

so, as a conclusion, i still didn't have a clue which rules that will be used in the future.. but i surely prefer the HomeGrown Rules..

26 rdUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin

hmm, if we're gonna use d homegrown rule, it doesnt change anything, does it.

wut's more, d clubs will buy foreign youngsters even more than b4, kids as young as 14,15 2 fill in their academies. i cant c d point of dis..

26 rdUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin

Loque wrote:

wut's more, d clubs will buy foreign youngsters even more than b4, kids as young as 14,15 2 fill in their academies. i cant c d point of dis..

the point of opting to homegrown rules is to make it easier for clubs to import outside talents like whut we're doing at the moment..

if it was the FIFA 6+5 rules.. it would be tougher for most English clubs..

26 rdUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin

Post Re: Aston Villa & Wigan Athletic Agree £4m Fee For Emile Heskey
Aston Villa & Wigan Athletic Agree £4m Fee For Emile Heskey

England international Emile Heskey could be set to switch the JJB Stadium for Villa Park after Wigan Athletic accepted a £4 million bid from 'top four' chasing Aston Villa.

Should the powerfully-build nuisance striker agree personal terms with Villa - who are chasing a Champions League spot this season - then it will be the second time he will be on the books for a club that Martin O'Neill manages.

The pair worked together for numerous seasons at east Midlands club Leicester City, where they both picked up two League Cup titles.

Latic boss Steve Bruce is believed to have wanted to keep Heskey at Wigan, but his hand may have been forced into agreeing a deal now, as the player's contract expired in the summer and the club would have risked losing him on a free transfer.

While Heskey is not a 20-goal a season marksman, he can be a vital cog in bringing others into play. He is enjoying an international renaissance under national manager Fabio Capello, and he was considered a key member of the team that beat Croatia 4-1.

Heskey will rival Carew for a starting role, and would likely partner Gabriel Agbonlahor.

26 rdUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM

Post Re: Aston Villa & Wigan Athletic Agree £4m Fee For Emile Heskey
....dan Harewood akan blah dari Villa...atau tidak?

26 rdUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

Fasha wrote:
Loque wrote:

the point of opting to homegrown rules is to make it easier for clubs to import outside talents like whut we're doing at the moment..

i know, but i thought d FIFA 6+5 rule wuz developed specifically 2 prevent d homegrown rules, rite? other than encouraging clubs 2 field local talent, it wuz also 2 prevent clubs from buying foreign talents..

26 rdUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin

Loque wrote:
Fasha wrote:
Loque wrote:

i know, but i thought d FIFA 6+5 rule wuz developed specifically 2 prevent d homegrown rules, rite? other than encouraging clubs 2 field local talent, it wuz also 2 prevent clubs from buying foreign talents..

FIFA 6+5 Rules is different from the Home-Grown Rules.. FIFA imposed on developing local talents by introducing that rule.. but BPL had other ideas.. which is why the came up with the home-grown rules..

26 rdUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin

Fasha wrote:
Loque wrote:
Fasha wrote:
Loque wrote:

FIFA 6+5 Rules is different from the Home-Grown Rules.. FIFA imposed on developing local talents by introducing that rule.. but BPL had other ideas.. which is why the came up with the home-grown rules..

well, if d prem use d home-grown rules, then i dont c d point of d FIFA 6+5 rules..

26 rdUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin

---------
Loque wrote:
Fasha wrote:
Loque wrote:
Fasha wrote:
Loque wrote:

well, if d prem use d home-grown rules, then i dont c d point of d FIFA 6+5 rules..

Luque, the situation is this.. FIFA wants to impose the 6+5 rules , but the BPL didn't want to.. so they're proposing of introducing the home-grown rules.. it's still in discussion.. nothing is for sure just yet..

26 rdUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 753 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 51  Next