It is currently 26 thUTCp 2008

Fabregas named Arsenal captain 
Site Admin

Post Fabregas named Arsenal captain
William Gallas Stripped Of Captaincy

Arsenal's French centre half William Gallas has officially been stripped of the captain's armband, as confirmed by Sky Sports.

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has reportedly relinquished William Gallas of his captaincy after the French defender made dressing room rifts between senior members of the Gunners squad public knowledge.

Furthermore, the 31-year old will not travel with the north London side to take on Manchester City at Eastlands on Saturday afternoon.

Spanish goalkeeper Manuel Almunia, French full back Gael Clichy, vice captain Kolo Toure, and influential midfielder Francesc Fabregas are the likeliest contenders to take the armband on a permanent basis.

Many commentators felt that Gallas was never captain material and this belief was vindicated with his centre circle sulk at St Andrews after the 2-2 draw with Birmingham City last season. A match that is now infamous as Eduardo da Silva was horrifically injured after an above ball height lunge by Martin Taylor.

"Arsene Must Be Hurt..."

"I am stunned," Legendary Gunners left back Nigel Winterburn told Sky Sports.

"I said earlier in the day that I didn't think it would happen but it just shows the managers disappointment. Arsene is loyal to his players and he must be seriously hurt.

"It looks like it could be the end of Gallas' career at Arsenal when you consider the fact that he will not be travelling at the weekend.

"The news that Almunia would be captain would not surprise me," he added.

"The oldest member of the squad usually deputises in the captain's absence, and Fabregas is suspended," Winterburn explained.

Arsenal are expected to make an official statement later tonight.

26 ndUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin

Post Re: William Gallas Stripped Of Captaincy
1st of all, i would like to pass a message from our captain-in-waiting..

"u've been merked innit, braap!"

26 ndUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin

Gallas is stupid.. Arsenal is right in doing so.. a captain shouldn't do such a thing.. i'm glad we didn't have that sort of problem.. any problems should be behind closed doors, the entire world shouldn't know..

26 ndUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin

Fasha wrote:
Gallas is stupid.. Arsenal is right in doing so.. a captain shouldn't do such a thing.. i'm glad we didn't have that sort of problem.. any problems should be behind closed doors, the entire world shouldn't know..

true, nvr air ur laundry in public.

wut he done has undermine d team n disrupt d team harmony.

even last season he wuz making a prat out of himself in d birmingham game.

chelski must b having a laugh rite now i think..

26 ndUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM

er...
aku rasa Roy Keane dulu pn selamba badak je kritik sesame team
dlm MUTV lagi...sblm die pindah ke Celtic...thun bape ntah xingat
correct me if i'm wrong :lol:

26 ndUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM WWW
Site Admin

judin wrote:
er...

and whut happen to him then?

26 ndUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM

judin wrote:
er...

dlm mutv ek..aku plak rase dlm buku die..same ngan stam..keano otai dowh..gaduh2 ngan fergie pastu blah..

26 ndUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin

Fasha wrote:
judin wrote:
er...

and whut happen to him then?

it wasnt 1 of d better decision dat keano made in his career.

at least he wuz a fantastic capt, he has proven dat thru-out his career by winning all those trophies. n who's to say his criticism at fletcher has made him a bttr plyr?

26 ndUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin

b.o.b.s wrote:
judin wrote:
er...

dlm mutv ek..aku plak rase dlm buku die..same ngan stam..keano otai dowh..gaduh2 ngan fergie pastu blah..

just because Keano did it, it doesn't mean that he's right... i still think a captain shouldn't reveal any internal problem within the club.. a captain is appointed for a reason, one of it is to maintain the harmony in a team.. so whut Gallas did just made his club condition from bad to worse..

26 ndUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM

ah si Gallas ni sbnarnya bukan nk main sgt kt Arsnal pn
die jd exchange player mse Mourinho beli Ash Cole dulu
Ak rse Wenger wat silap pasal xlantik G.Silva jd captain derang dulu

26 rdUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM WWW
Site Admin

seems like arse r even worse w'out gallas..

26 rdUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM

Loque wrote:
seems like arse r even worse w'out gallas..

hahaha yeah, aku ngan adik aku slalu kutuk gallas nih, da la defender, pkai no.10 plak tuh, cam bgus, ha3.....

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM

an accident waiting to happen. i would say.. fyi, aku antara berjuta2 org yg tgk bola yg t'kejut masa wenger appoint mangkuk tu jd captain. as much as i hate the gooners, bab2 captaincy ni kan mcm sacred. patut bg kat club servant yg plg senior or kat player yg mmg nmpk kat atas pdg ade ciri2 leader. tp sejak game birmingham last season press dok speculate psl gallas lyk ke tak jd captain. aku rasa tu main reason gilberto silva, hleb & flamini kuar dr gooners. hah, skang ni rasakan.. ntah2 b4 gallas kena sacked, mau fabreagas & toure pun cabut dr citu! huhuhu...

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin

shafinabazilah wrote:
an accident waiting to happen. i would say.. fyi, aku antara berjuta2 org yg tgk bola yg t'kejut masa wenger appoint mangkuk tu jd captain. as much as i hate the gooners, bab2 captaincy ni kan mcm sacred. patut bg kat club servant yg plg senior or kat player yg mmg nmpk kat atas pdg ade ciri2 leader. tp sejak game birmingham last season press dok speculate psl gallas lyk ke tak jd captain. aku rasa tu main reason gilberto silva, hleb & flamini kuar dr gooners. hah, skang ni rasakan.. ntah2 b4 gallas kena sacked, mau fabreagas & toure pun cabut dr citu! huhuhu...

ntah la, plek gk la nape die dpt jd capt. dh la br msk dr arse.

tp papehalpn 2 mslh diorg. yg xbestnye kte pn ade mslh skng ni, wlpn xsm dgn mslh diorg..

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin

---------
Post Re: Fabregas named Arsenal captain
Fabregas named Arsenal captain

William Gallas will return to the Arsenal squad for Tuesday night's Champions League clash with Dynamo Kiev at the Emirates Stadium, but has been replaced as captain by Cesc Fabregas.

The controversial defender was axed from the trip to Manchester City on Saturday, which Arsene Wenger's men lost 3-0 as their Barclays Premier League title hopes were dealt another blow, after publicly making critical remarks about the team and questioning their fighting spirit.

However, Wenger - who named goalkeeper Manuel Almunia his captain at Eastlands - maintained former Chelsea defender Gallas, 31, still had a future at the club.

Wenger, though, maintained the future of the club was in safe hands, led by 21-year-old Spain international Fabregas.

The Arsenal manager said: "I believe the captain is the voice of the club towards the outside, and is one of the leaders of the team.

"However, I do not believe in just one man in the dressing room who sorts out all of the problems.

"A successful team is a shared leadership inside the dressing room. He (Fabregas) will be one of the leaders, but not the only one."

Wenger continues to keep the faith this group can produce the results needed to compete for honours.

He said: "It is a learning trade, to be a top player in a top club, you need to be mentally very strong and to deal with these types of concentration.

"We have quite a good way to protect the players here and they know how much we believe in them and how much confidence we have in them.

"My trust in my players has not be affected.

"I have to stand up for my players in the criticism we get, but we are a strong team and that will come out.

"I am focused to do things well, the right way. I am strong enough to let people have opinions, and do what I feel is right."

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM