It is currently 26 rdUTCp 2008

Campbell in limbo after quitting County 
Site Admin

Post Campbell in limbo after quitting County
Campbell eyes Newcastle move

Sol Campbell has revealed that he would "love to sign" for Newcastle United.

he former England defender is a free agent after his contract at Portsmouth expired at the end of last season.

According to the Newcastle Evening Chronicle, the 34-year-old centre-back revealed his desire to join the club at a St James' Park corporate event following the club's 3-0 home win over Reading on Saturday.

Campbell said: "I would love to sign here if it's possible. But we'll have to wait and see."

The former Tottenham and Arsenal defender's fiancee is from the area, and they have recently bought an estate in Northumberland.

Although Campbell's wage demands could prove a stumbling block, that may be less of a concern now that Newcastle have sold that Michael Owen, Mark Viduka, Obafemi Martins, Sebastien Bassong and Habib Beye. The Chronicle reports that those sales have brought the St James' annual wage bill down from £74m to £48m.

One negative side effect of Campbell's arrival would be that it could open the door for Steven Taylor to leave, amid reports that the defender is being chased by Everton.

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin

Post Re: Campbell set for County
Campbell set for County
Tue, 25 Aug 12:00:40 2009

Notts County are expected to announce the signing of Sol Campbell at a news conference on Tuesday afternoon.

The ambitious League Two club, who were taken over by middle east consortium Munto Finance this summer, opened talks with the former Arsenal, Tottenham and Portsmouth centre-half last week and the 34-year-old is set to become the highest profile new arrival at the club since Sven-Goran Eriksson`s appointment as director of football last month.

Campbell, who is a free agent after his contract with Pompey expired last month, had been mulling over whether to join County. His hesitation over descending to the fourth tier of English football derived from his desire to stay in contention for a place in England's World Cup squad for next summer.

However, after receiving little interest from Premier League clubs, Campbell appears to have accepted that his international career is over.

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM

Campbell completes Notts County move

Sol Campbell has signed a five-year deal with League Two leaders Notts County.

The 34-year-old defender has penned a playing contract but will also be expected to fulfil an ambassadorial role with the oldest club in the world.

Campbell, who has 73 caps for England, will reportedly become the highest paid player outside the Premier League.

His arrival at Meadow Lane represents a major coup for the ambitious Midlands club, who were the subject of a takeover by Middle East consortium Munto Finance last month and have aspirations of reaching the Premier League.

The former Tottenham and Arsenal stopper teams up again with former England coach Sven-Goran Eriksson, now director of football at County, after having left Portsmouth at the end of last season.

When asked if he had received other offers from Premier League clubs, Campbell said: "There were a few.

"I'm looking at the future. Notts County are the oldest club in the world. They have a fantastic heritage and I want to be a part of that."

But Campbell will have to build up his fitness levels before he can make his debut for the Magpies.

He said: "I've had three months out but I've been training by myself so it's not too bad. I'm definitely not ready to play at the moment but within two weeks I should be."

Magpies manager Ian McParland said: "Sol's record speaks for itself and he's achieved just about everything in the game.

"He's a great player and a great organiser and his experience will be invaluable to our push for promotion this season.

"We are very happy that he has taken on the challenge and we are looking forward to getting him settled into the team and seeing him pull on a Notts County shirt as soon as possible."

Campbell's former managers at Arsenal and Portsmouth, Arsene Wenger and Harry Redknapp, expressed surprise at the move.

"You cannot tell me that you expected him to go. In May did you expect him to go to Notts County? Certainly not," Wenger said.

Redknapp, now Tottenham Hotspur manager, added: "He's still in my opinion a top six central defender in the Premier League, so for Notts County to get him in that division is just incredible".

Mike Hytner / Eurosport

And I was like "WHAAAA????"

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM

Sol Campbell Shunned Other Offers To Join League Two Side Notts County
Aug 25, 2009 3:03:43 PM

Four-time FA Cup winner Sol Campbell joined Notts County on a free transfer, to the surprise of many, considering the apparent interest in him from Premier League clubs, but the former England international was adamant on joining the oldest league club in world football.

The former Arsenal defender looked in casual mood at a press conference on Tuesday, revealing that he was looking to stay in Nottingham for a minimum of three years, despite signing a five-year contract.

When probed for the reasoning behind his switch down three divisions of the English league system, Campbell said, "Because of the future really, that's the main thing. They have great future, and I want to be part of it.

"I've had three months off, but I've been training by myself. I'm not too bad. I'm not ready to play at the moment, but in two or three weeks I should be up and ready."

Tottenham Hotspur manager Harry Redknapp revealed earlier on Tuesday his belief that Campbell is a top six centre-back in the Premier League, and when asked whether there was interest in him from elsewhere, he replied, "There's a few [clubs that wanted me]."

He continued, "Notts County are the oldest league club in the world, fantastic heritage. I've spoken to the people concerned with the club and I've been given enough assurances that the ambitions will be met.

"I'm planning to stay as long as possible. At least three years. I've got a contract for five. I think they've got a lot of ideas. The main thing is, football. We want to keep on winning promotions."

On the role Sven-Goran Eriksson played in bringing Campbell to County, and whether the Swede was like a father-figure to him, Campbell responded by belly-laughing, "No. He's not a father-figure. He knows his football, he's a proper guy.

"He was a pivotal figure in me coming here."

Alan Dawson, Goal.com

hurmm.. signing for a good cause(?) i'd say!

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin

5 yr contract! gle la

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM

dlm byk2 team nape la notts county gak yg die pilih... epl teams lain mmg x brminat lgsung ke kat die... dah la 5 year contract, gile ah, nak main smpai umur 39 tu...

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM

zul apad ly© wrote:
dlm byk2 team nape la notts county gak yg die pilih... epl teams lain mmg x brminat lgsung ke kat die... dah la 5 year contract, gile ah, nak main smpai umur 39 tu...

mybe ni kot, "Notts County are the oldest league club in the world, fantastic heritage"..
nasib ak da jual die awal2..hehe

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail

sol....dlu memg dia ni kire trbaek r....skg da d mamah usia

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

king wrote:

tula.. aku merindui zaman England die..

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM

Fasha wrote:
king wrote:

mule2 dia nek partner dng adams...siap gol dia mse vs arg time 98 dlu ref disallowed lak...ish ak x leh lupe r bnda2 cmni :facepalm:

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

king wrote:
Fasha wrote:
king wrote:

mule2 dia nek partner dng adams...siap gol dia mse vs arg time 98 dlu ref disallowed lak...ish ak x leh lupe r bnda2 cmni :facepalm:

yela.. 3 lions forever nie..

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM

CAMPBELL JOINS NOTTS COUNTY AND SURPRISES WENGER
2/9/2009

Arsenal FC manager Arsene Wenger admitted he was surprised to see former Gunners captain Sol Campbell end up at Notts County.

"It was a surprise, because of the level Notts County play at," said the French boss.

"That shows you as well how much financial potential Notts County has suddenly. In May, did you expect Sol to go to Notts County? Certainly not. Time will show if it is a good move for him. It depends what is in his mind, if it is purely a football move or if it is a long-term move that he wants to be involved afterward as a coach.

"Maybe it can be a good decision if he wants to build something on the longer term. On the short term, he will suffer a bit because he is used to top level football. When you move down, it is always difficult to cope mentally."

26 rdUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin

money money money :suprised:

26 rdUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin

Post Re: Campbell in limbo after quitting County
Campbell in limbo after quitting County
Wed, 23 Sep 23:21:09 2009

Sol Campbell could be left in limbo until the January transfer window after walking out on Notts County.

Former England defender Campbell has quit County after just one game, with the League Two club confirming he had left "by mutual consent" after asking to cancel his contract.

However, Press Association Sport understands that under FIFA rules, Campbell is highly unlikely to be allowed to join another club having severed his ties with County. As an unattached player, a loan deal would obviously be out of the question.

According to the Premier League, only if the veteran can prove he has a just cause for quitting Meadow Lane - a change of heart or minor disagreement, for example, would not qualify - would he be able to sign for a top-flight team while the window is closed.

Campbell, 35, left Portsmouth in the summer and signed a lucrative five-year deal reportedly worth £40,000 a week at Meadow Lane just a month ago, making his first and only appearance in the defeat by Morecambe last weekend.

Reports on Wednesday morning claimed the centre-half had quickly become disillusioned with the club's rate of progression in that short period.

County chief executive Peter Trembling told the club's official website: "While we are disappointed that Sol felt that he could not adjust to the long-term nature of the project under way at Notts County, we obviously wish him the best with the remainder of his career and hope that he is able to obtain a place where he can play at international level ahead of the 2010 World Cup.

"The investment project is on track; we have brought in a lot of new players and resources into the club, but obviously this is a five-year project, not a five-week one."

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin

---------
Post Re: Campbell in limbo after quitting County
la, plak. ape telah terjadi?

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM