It is currently 26 thUTCp 2008

ACADEMY TEAM PROFILES 

Post Re: ACADEMY TEAM PROFILES
Different age group, but still ours. We just have no info whatsoever about them. He's got good potential if he's excelling against those far older than him. But it's still too early to judge. Only when they played with the first team, and excel can we be a bit more excited.

I always have a problem with the main site. The design is not that bad to be fair, but certainly could be a bit more useful to us football fans. Where's the league table(on 2nd look, they have the option on the left, just have to scroll down a bit, but you have to click on it to open a new page to view the league table) or info's about the next game(same as the league table)/last game results(none whatsoever, except on the news column, which would be gone if there's new news) on the main page? We have to click and wait for a few pages to load before we can get to where they actually are. With us being a football team, you would think they would have infos readily available on the main page without the visitors having to click a few pages to see them. For one short news, we have to view 2-3 pages to read all about them. Why can't they put them all in just one page. All we have to do is scroll down.

<- Rivalry aside, I like the design. Simple, clean and you can easily get the infos on the main page.

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail

Can delete and merge ar with the post above? Silap tekan I guess..

I use to view news about our club. Just go to skysports/soccernet/bbc/telegraph etc, and get their RSS code, and put them on netvibes. Easy for me. Have almost all the news in one single place. I try to avoid the official site as much as possible, except in the transfer window(Berba-saga, stayed up whole night). :lol:

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

Wan wrote:
Different age group, but still ours. We just have no info whatsoever about them. He's got good potential if he's excelling against those far older than him. But it's still too early to judge. Only when they played with the first team, and excel can we be a bit more excited.

I always have a problem with the main site. The design is not that bad to be fair, but certainly could be a bit more useful to us football fans. Where's the league table(on 2nd look, they have the option on the left, just have to scroll down a bit, but you have to click on it to open a new page to view the league table) or info's about the next game(same as the league table)/last game results(none whatsoever, except on the news column, which would be gone if there's new news) on the main page? We have to click and wait for a few pages to load before we can get to where they actually are. With us being a football team, you would think they would have infos readily available on the main page without the visitors having to click a few pages to see them. For one short news, we have to view 2-3 pages to read all about them. Why can't they put them all in just one page. All we have to do is scroll down.

<- Rivalry aside, I like the design. Simple, clean and you can easily get the infos on the main page.

Honestly, i do checked the official web on frequent basis because i want to search for official news.. apart from that, i'll always refer to other sports website..

and i've been to the bin-dippers web.. but i didn't really like it..

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin

Fasha wrote:
Wan wrote:
He's from the U16 side or something. Only turn 16 very recently. Maybe only players around 17-18 and above have infos about them on the main site.

Either the ones operating manutd.com(i hate their designs! They have more than 2 pages for the same short news! wtf) are ignorant fools, or it's just the club's policy not to reveal too much information on the youth players(those u18). It's the latter I think. Just look at the site, there's not much information regarding the matches, or even reports of the academy games. Maybe wanted to protect the youth players from publicity, and not put too much pressure on them, or let a bit of fame get to their heads.

i have no prob wit the official site.. have u seen other team's web? theirs are far worse..there are infos about both the Reserves & The Youth.. though it's not much, but there have been info's of the matches they'll be playing & fixtures changes.. cuz i've checked from time to time..

and apparently, U18 is a different rank of team.. U9 - U16 is another different rank of them.. so the way i see it, this kid had just been promoted from the U9-U16 team to the U18 team..

maybe that is one reason why we've only heard bout him recently. but for me, the moment he starts playing in the U-18, i wish there are more info bout him. i'm looking at you official site

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM

Think they only update their infos once a year. :lol:

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

Wan wrote:

the official site is boring. sometimes it seems other website are more up-to-date regarding utd's affair than the official site itself..

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin

Loque wrote:
Wan wrote:

the official site is boring. sometimes it seems other website are more up-to-date regarding utd's affair than the official site itself..

since u guys r so bothersome bout the official web..i've made a complaint to the webmaster on why they didn't feature anything bout this kid .. i doubt i'll get any feedback though.. but who cares, at least i did something to let them know..

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin

---------
Fasha wrote:
Loque wrote:
Wan wrote:

since u guys r so bothersome bout the official web..i've made a complaint to the webmaster on why they didn't feature anything bout this kid .. i doubt i'll get any feedback though.. but who cares, at least i did something to let them know..

wow, gud one. hope u'll get a reply

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM