ACADEMY TEAM PROFILES 

Post Re: ACADEMY TEAM PROFILES
Fasha wrote:
Reece Brown

Name : Reece Brown
Birthdate : 01 November 1991
Nationality : English
Position : Defender

Reece Brown is a tall, physically strong and very powerful central defender.

The younger brother of Wes, Reece has a very similar style of play to his older sibling.

“Reece will obviously forever be saddled with the tag of being Wes Brown’s younger brother,” said McGuinness, United’s Under-18s boss.

“When people see Reece, they see a striking resemblance, both in terms of looks and style of play. He has the same sort of attributes.

“He’s good in the air, quick and he’s a big lad. Reece has settled in nicely.

“He’s been at the club since a very young age, but the start he has made to his professional career has been really good. He has concentrated right from the start, which is a feature we really wanted him to look at.”

nice to see another Brown in the Man Utd family. hopefully he'll be as good a servant to the club as his brother.

26 rdUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin

Fasha wrote:
Oliver Gill

Name : Oliver Gill
Birthdate : 15 September 1990
Nationality : English
Position : Defender

A tall and commanding central defender, Oliver is an Academy student with the Reds’ Under-18s.

His height and aerial strength make him an asset at the back, but those attributes also make him a threat from set-pieces in attack.

“Oliver is a tall and intelligent central defender,” says Under-18s coach Paul McGuinness. “One-on-one he is very dogged and determined and difficult to get past.

“He’s another one that has really improved in recent months. He still has to develop physically but when he does he will have a tall, powerful frame. We hope to see continued development from Oliver this season.”

ni anak david gill kn? pki kabel ni.. 8-)

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM

Name: Ravel/R'avel Morrison
Position: Winger/forward

Hope he makes it. Exciting.. :o

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

Wan wrote:
Name: Ravel/R'avel Morrison
Position: Winger/forward

Hope he makes it. Exciting.. :o

looks gud. is he english? sadly im a bit ignorant bout our youth n reserves. there's a lot of exciting talent in d reserves n youth team, juz hope they'll b given d chance..

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin

Quote:
FOOTBALLING wunderkind Ravel Morrison has only just turned 16 – but the Manchester United youth player has been hailed as the stuff of legend.

The fast-footed Urmston teenager is already proving an internet sensation, scoring thousands of fans logging on to see him at work – and some even think he’ll be the next Ronaldo.

St Antony’s Catholic College student Ravel was just nine when bosses at Old Trafford noted his talents.

And despite his tender age, he is already proving a rising star on the pitch with an impressive track record which has seen him speed past the likes of Liverpool and Everton to triumph for the under-18 team in recent months.

Already playing for the England under-16s, his ambition is to follow in the footsteps of the likes of Rooney and Ferdinand by becoming both Manchester United and England’s star player. But he is surprised about the praise heaped on him by United fans.

“I don’t know what the fuss is about,” said. “I find it funny.”

While Ravel plays his talents down, his efforts have not gone unnoticed among fans, 10,000 of whom have so far logged on to see what they think is Fergie’s best kept secret on video website YouTube.

After watching the clip of him in action against Chelsea, some of the fans go on to sing the midfielder’s praises, one stating he has the “skill of Ronaldo, the speed of Theo Walcott and the finishing of Ruud van Nistelrooy.”

Another YouTube user clearly thinks “he’s going to be a legend.”

While Ravel was left baffled by the comparisons to some of the club’s legendary players, he would like to follow in the footsteps of one particular star.

“I admire Rio Ferdinand,” he said. “He’s a really good player.”

She may not see much of her son at the moment, given that he splits seven days of the week between the pitch and the classroom, but mum Sharon Ryan is full of praise for Ravel.

The 39-year-old, who has two younger sons, seven-year-old Rio and five-year-old Zeon, said: “I am extremely proud of him.

“I watch him all the time on TV, though he’s never here because he goes away a lot, especially with England.

“I know he’s really good, otherwise they wouldn’t have signed him up for another three years.”

Teaching assistant Bernie White is Ravel’s mentor at St Antony’s, in charge of working with the club to make sure the teenager has time for his studies.

She said: “His talent is amazing. I go along to see him along with the other teachers and we can’t believe it.

“He is really modest about his abilities though and never shows off.

“We have a great relationship with Man United and our job is to work together to make sure he’s supported in the last academic year.”

how come we've never heard of him?

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin

and this kid is not listed in the Academy Registered Players as well.. which explains why we never heard of him..

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin

Fasha wrote:
and this kid is not listed in the Academy Registered Players as well.. which explains why we never heard of him..

really? but he's plyg 4 our youth team. how come? does dis mean our youth team does not necessary come from our academy?

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin

Loque wrote:
Fasha wrote:

really? but he's plyg 4 our youth team. how come? does dis mean our youth team does not necessary come from our academy?

i don't know.. i checked with the official web.. but this name doesn't come up.. whut league does this kid actually played.. is he playing for the u-18 Academy League?

can u please let me know which game did he played for the youth team? maybe i can check the squad line-up..

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin

ok...i've checked.. he did played against Bolton.. and scored a goal.. so i'm puzzled why his name is not featured in the official site.. myb there's some sort of mistake..

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin

after another search.. i can make a conclusion that this kid had just joined McGuiness' squad.. his first game was against everton, and he had been playing ever since..

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin

Fasha wrote:
ok...i've checked.. he did played against Bolton.. and scored a goal.. so i'm puzzled why his name is not featured in the official site.. myb there's some sort of mistake..

he's plyg in d england U-16 team. n it seems like he's a regular in d U-18 squad, plyg against chelski n everton..

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin

Fasha wrote:
after another search.. i can make a conclusion that this kid had just joined McGuiness' squad.. his first game was against everton, and he had been playing ever since..

oo ok. it also seems like they're keeping it quiet. but there's certainly a growing hype regarding dis plyr..

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM
Site Admin

Loque wrote:
Fasha wrote:

he's plyg in d england U-16 team. n it seems like he's a regular in d U-18 squad, plyg against chelski n everton..

as i was saying.. he didn't play in the 1st 10 games of the new season.. his first game was against Everton..

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM

He's from the U16 side or something. Only turn 16 very recently. Maybe only players around 17-18 and above have infos about them on the main site.

Either the ones operating manutd.com(i hate their designs! They have more than 2 pages for the same short news! wtf) are ignorant fools, or it's just the club's policy not to reveal too much information on the youth players(those u18). It's the latter I think. Just look at the site, there's not much information regarding the matches, or even reports of the academy games. Maybe wanted to protect the youth players from publicity, and not put too much pressure on them, or let a bit of fame get to their heads.

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

---------
Wan wrote:
He's from the U16 side or something. Only turn 16 very recently. Maybe only players around 17-18 and above have infos about them on the main site.

Either the ones operating manutd.com(i hate their designs! They have more than 2 pages for the same short news! wtf) are ignorant fools, or it's just the club's policy not to reveal too much information on the youth players(those u18). It's the latter I think. Just look at the site, there's not much information regarding the matches, or even reports of the academy games. Maybe wanted to protect the youth players from publicity, and not put too much pressure on them, or let a bit of fame get to their heads.

i have no prob wit the official site.. have u seen other team's web? theirs are far worse..there are infos about both the Reserves & The Youth.. though it's not much, but there have been info's of the matches they'll be playing & fixtures changes.. cuz i've checked from time to time..

and apparently, U18 is a different rank of team.. U9 - U16 is another different rank of them.. so the way i see it, this kid had just been promoted from the U9-U16 team to the U18 team..

26 thUTCp 2008
Profile E-mail YIM